Sever Chronic Pain and Spinal Cord Stimulators – NERVO

You could also try laser therapy. Some get great results from it.
Thanks for the suggestion.
I have C-2 to C- 7 disks removed, vertebrate fused and Titanium metal screwed (at different times) to hold things together. Between my knees, shoulders, jaws/teeth and vertebrate I have more metal than a Chinese pinball machine.
I have been on the highest possible dose (and beyond) of every pain medication on the market and my body is immune to all opioids natural or syntenic. So no pain relief. Same with Alcohol - doesn't work and haven't had alcohol in years.
What I would do for a good glass of Bourbon!
The SCS Spinal Cord Stimulator was my last hope. I had electrodes placed on my spinal cord and electrical frequencies charged into my spinal cord. Did this for 10 months with hundreds of different frequencies and nothing worked. Latest found that the "LEAD" moved about 1" which is about a mile on the spinal cord.
The original test LEAD worked, and I had almost no pain, but they didn't get the permanent lead in the correct location so no pain relief.
Will see what a new Nero Surgeon has to say.
Really sucks to go to bed every night and not want to wake up the next day and then when you do wake up just pray to go to sleep again because of the pain.
Well have faith in Jesus, have a GREAT wife and get to shoot and work on firearms every now and then makes my life a dream compared to most!
You have to look at what else is going on around you. I am truly blessed compared to others!
thanks and God Bless
Len

Last edited:
Really sucks to go to bed every night and not want to wake up the next day and then when you do wake up just pray to go to sleep again because of the pain.
Well have faith in Jesus, have a GREAT wife and get to shoot and work on firearms every now and then makes my life a dream compared to most!
You have to look at what else is going on around you. I am truly blessed compared to others!
thanks and God Bless
Len
All of that except a wife. Got great kids though.

Estimated 5+ pounds of titanium in my back now.

Len I'm sorry to hear that first line. I get it, not everyone understands the context, freaked the Dr.s office out the other day. They were asking questions they really didn't want the answers to.

Filling days faithfully while waiting for that new body in Heaven is a challenge.

At any rate I value hearing from you. FWIW.

Carl

All of that except a wife. Got great kids though.

Estimated 5+ pounds of titanium in my back now.

Len I'm sorry to hear that first line. I get it, not everyone understands the context, freaked the Dr.s office out the other day. They were asking questions they really didn't want the answers to.

Filling days faithfully while waiting for that new body in Heaven is a challenge.

At any rate I value hearing from you. FWIW.

Carl
Carl will keep you in my prayers. I truly understand what you are going through. So true what you said about the DR office visit. I am sure that you understand my pain.
I still want many years with Jill, but am waiting to be fulfilled for eternity.
God Bless
Len

Been through everything as you. Went from an elite world class athlete to can't even say.
This isn't a new device - already did that. May go into Nero Surgery next. Waiting on the consultation and review of the CT & MRI.
I am way past biting the bullet because of my faith in Jesus and love for Jill.

BTW
Your emoji looks like me!

Thanks
Len
Click on my Avatar 3 times to see what ole "Curly" Does

1664062578320.png

1664062504860.png

Hey Y'all
Just an update.
I just got done with a consultation with a "NERO SURGEON". He told me no guarantees but a shot at some pain relief, he gave me an option of surgery.
He wants to cut into and through my huge back neck muscles (like Butter Bean's neck) and access my spinal Columb. Then he will cut away the bone from C-4 to C-7 and try to decompress my spinal cord. The second part will be to implant and attach a "Paddle" in C-2 to C-4 and connect it to the SCS Spinal Cord Stimulator that is already in my back.
Sounds pretty simple.
When I get ready to go in for surgery I'll reach out for some prayers!
Thanks
Len

Hey Y'all
Just an update.
I just got done with a consultation with a "NERO SURGEON". He told me no guarantees but a shot at some pain relief, he gave me an option of surgery.
He wants to cut into and through my huge back neck muscles (like Butter Bean's neck) and access my spinal Columb. Then he will cut away the bone from C-4 to C-7 and try to decompress my spinal cord. The second part will be to implant and attach a "Paddle" in C-2 to C-4 and connect it to the SCS Spinal Cord Stimulator that is already in my back.
Sounds pretty simple.
When I get ready to go in for surgery I'll reach out for some prayers!
Thanks
Len
You will get them.

Len that is great to hear that there is some relief in sight. It is amazing how God works, sounds like he gave you a awesome wife to walk beside you in life, and some great Drs also. Many prayers for you and your family

Len that is great to hear that there is some relief in sight. It is amazing how God works, sounds like he gave you a awesome wife to walk beside you in life, and some great Drs also. Many prayers for you and your family
Lee
Thanks much!
Jill has been an angel from heaven.
Another neck surgery???? (she might get rid of me😂)
Len

Well tomorrow is the day. Check-in time at the hospital 0730 for an EKG and then prep for Neurosurgery at 1000 hopefully be out in recovery by 1300. Would be nice to be back home Friday/Saturday with new electronics & wiring installed (and reduced pain).
Appreciate a Prayer or two to help guide the neurosurgeon's hands and he has a sharp mind and eyes while working on me. That goes for all assisting him.
This is my last shot at spinal cord surgery and pain relief.
God Bless
Thanks much!
Len