Seekins Havak Element or Proof Elevation?

KyleC

Trying to decide on what rifle to buy for high country long range mule deer. I've narrowed it down to the Seekins Havak Element in 6.5 PRC and the Proof Elevation in 6.5 Creedmoor. Seekins has a 21" barrel and the Proof has a 24" barrel. Seekins weighs 5.5#. Proof weighs 5# 14oz.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
What is the price diff?

We have had a couple Seekins rifles in for load work. I liked them. That said I am thinking the Proof rifle might be a bit higher end.

As far as accuracy goes, my havak 6.5prc was shooting under 1/2 minute out the box. They use rock Creek barrels I believe. I think if you want to hit 3000 with the heavier projectiles I'd go for the 24 inch proof. Though I haven't had my hands on any rl26 which is what everyone is using in the prc to get Max velocity.

I misread your post. I'd go with the seekins in 6.5 prc out of the two rifles listed.

Last edited:
I wanted a Proof elevation in 6.5PRC and emailed Proof about doing it. They said they would not do custom specs for elevation rifles so I built my own. Origin action, proof stock, proof barrel at 20" chambered in 6.5prc by Altus. That may be an option for you if you want an Elevation in prc.

Ive considered one of those rick. Was also looking at the zeiss v4 6-24.. im not really familiar with the zeiss and how they track tho. I mean im not gonna be shooting this rifle past 500 yds.. i have other guns for that. Id like something lighter that tracks like it should. Zeiss would fit the bill if tracking is on point.

Seekins all day long. I have a 6.5 prc and it is shooting silly tight groups. i have also been mapping cold bore shots and it is shooting gnats *** at 200 yards every time. My second Havak should be here any day. Yheir warranty is super duper also.
Was this factory or reloads??? If reloads mind sharing data.

Recent Posts