Scopes, what's the clearest 5-25 power?

CWM-RHG

Previously Chuck Moles
Looking for input here, if money was no object, what 5x25 scope would you put on your rifle. I'm a Nightforce guy but can't get both focus and parallax set perfectly with any of my NXS scopes. I've spent hours on this. I can get close with my ATACR 7x35 but still not perfect. I've went through Nightforce's procedure to set these. Are there any scopes that can achieve perfect focus and parallax and are crystal clear? Thanks

Looking for input here, if money was no object, what 5x25 scope would you put on your rifle. I'm a Nightforce guy but can't get both focus and parallax set perfectly with any of my NXS scopes. I've spent hours on this. I can get close with my ATACR 7x35 but still not perfect. I've went through Nightforce's procedure to set these. Are there any scopes that can achieve perfect focus and parallax and are crystal clear? Thanks

This can be subjective due to our varying eyesights. Not your mag requirements but those IOR Valdada Crusaders and Recon G2s are pretty awesome.

It's a couple of years old and nearly an hour long but this fellow does an awesome job with his reviews ...

Last edited:
Trijicon Accupower 4.5-30x56 is a great scope for the money spent and even when compared to scopes costing $1K more. Awesome parallax. Low end of 4.5x is a little better than 5x and top end 30x is a LOT more than 25x so it's better all the way around

Trijicon Accupower 4.5-30x56 is a great scope for the money spent and even when compared to scopes costing $1K more. Awesome parallax. Low end of 4.5x is a little better than 5x and top end 30x is a LOT more than 25x so it's better all the way around
Not knocking the Trijicon....
But "If money was no object".....would you still put a Trijicon on your rifle over all others? Not just "good for the money".

Not knocking the Trijicon....
But "If money was no object".....would you still put a Trijicon on your rifle over all others? Not just "good for the money".

I'd put the Trijicon up against any top of the line scope. When you dont have to go to your spotting scope to see bullet holes in a target at 500 or 600 yards on a 70 degree day with mirage, you know the glass is exceptional. Have to see one in person to appreciate the high end Japanese ED glass.

For low light, the scope is absolutely insane. So bright it almost seems to have an artificial illumination system.

I would look into the kahles if money is no object ! They are a great scope !%

My new Minox zp5 has blown me away, worth a look IMO

Also, take care that your diopter is set correctly. It's common for people to think they did this and it's not perfect, or barely even consider it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go see a eye Dr. and have your eyes checked for any trouble there, a lot of shooters say scope but a lot of the times it is the shooters own eyes

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.