Scope woes, an update!

As I recall,I got POI about 4" high @10 yds. Then went to 50yds. To finish zero.
Again, more troll BS that you try and correct when called out.
Two different threads where you claim 15" high at 10 yards...
Screenshot_20230430_200628_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230430_200705_Chrome.jpg

Plus, even if it was 4" high at 10 yards, you should be about 1.5" LOW at 10 yards for a 100 yard zero. Meaning 5.5" of adjustment needed. Or...wait for it...55MOA. 220 clicks. You would have to have a 30MOA Picatinny rail or rail/rings combo. That would give you 65MOA+/- (35MOA center of scope adjustment + 30 MOA rail/rings) of elevation adjustment.

The S Tac 3-16X42 has a maximum internal elevation of 70 MOA up and down adjustment.
This means he can get ~55 MOA (70 MOA/2 = 35 MOA + 20 MOA) total up adjustment when zeroed with 20 MOA. A 20 MOA should be fine. I have done this with a few of my LR rifles. Even though the scope has enough internal adjustment for 1K, it is best with a 20 MOA cant.
If OP was able to adjust the scope from 15" high at 10 yards down to a 50 yard zero, that scope has way, way more adjustment than the 70 MOA Sightron says it should have. As @lancetkenyon mentioned, you should be hitting low at 10 yards with a scoped centerfire and a reasonable zero (note - the air rifles I use in my basement are zeroed at 10 yards). Also, if the point of impact moved 15" or more at 10 yards with "only" 150 to 175 clicks, then the scope must either have about 1 MOA clicks or it is not dialing accurately.

The reason I suggested a 0 MOA base, for the issues raised by OP, is that OP expressed concern, in this thread or another thread, that the scope is about bottomed out (as low as it can go) on elevation.

If OP was able to adjust the scope from 15" high at 10 yards down to a 50 yard zero, that scope has way, way more adjustment than the 70 MOA Sightron says it should have. As @lancetkenyon mentioned, you should be hitting low at 10 yards with a scoped centerfire and a reasonable zero (note - the air rifles I use in my basement are zeroed at 10 yards). Also, if the point of impact moved 15" or more at 10 yards with "only" 150 to 175 clicks, then the scope must either have about 1 MOA clicks or it is not dialing accurately.

The reason I suggested a 0 MOA base, for the issues raised by OP, is that OP expressed concern, in this thread or another thread, that the scope is about bottomed out (as low as it can go) on elevation.
0 or 20 MOA is fine, but as previously noted, 20 MOA is best for LR. Again, the scope in question has 70 MOA (+35 MOA/-35 MOA); when done correctly at zero with 20 MOA, it is ~+55 MOA.

Bore sight it at 40 yards, shoot it at 100 yards, that will put you on paper and allow you to adjust for zeroing. I don't understand why you are wasting ammo and time shooting something 10 yds, I only do that with my crossbow for setting up my 20 yard zero.

@Shubey With all due respect, it is not possible to move your scope 11" at 10 yards. If that happened, there is a huge problem in the mount or scope. Take both to an experienced gunsmith.

If you brought this to me, I would optically center the scope. Confirm +/- 20 moa movement in all directions. Remount the base and rings looking for gaps or damage. Put in alignment bars to make sure the rings are concentric. Torque optic to spec.

Bore sight at 25 yds. Shoot one at 25…..adjust scope to be 1.5-2.0" low at 25yrds. Then zero at 100 yds with 5 shots. Finally shoot a 5 shot group.

If this process doesn't work, either the problem will be obvious orthe scope will be swapped for a known good scope. Then determine rifle, scope or mount.

He should probably just take the rifle back to the gunsmith who built it. That would have been my first step.
1682943791361.png

The 20 MOA rail is mostly the problem. Your 15" at 10 yds would correspond to ~1000yd zero with a 90gr bullet at 3000fps. Rifle elevation is about 30 MOA above line of sight. For a 100yd zero you need only about 3.3 MOA so you are taking out 26 MOA to get to 100yd. If you leave the rail as is you may need to adjust for a longer zero. Remingtons often have an issue with mounts. My 2 700s are the opposite. I had to get 20 MOA rails to have reasonable adjustments left for 100yd zero. I suspect that the real issue has to do with either recoil lug flatness or the receiver/barrel connection.