Scope woes, an update!

Shubey

Got to Range. Rifle printed 15" high @ 10yds. Yes 10 yds! Was able to zero,but I can feel my down adjustment is ready to run out of adjustments! Guys who have good knowledge of burris signature xtr rings,please forward tips on using shim inserts. My xtr rings will be here tomorrow. Help is appreciated indeed.

Had a Savage flat back that did this. Was as you described and elevation was bottomed out and still high.

1" scope tube. I can't remember exactly where I placed them, but it did work. If I remember, it all seemed backwards of what I thought they should be set up.

Play with it a bit and don't torque them down until you get enough travel to allow you more elevation for further down range adjustments.

The instructions that come with it are pretty thorough, but I had a hard time figuring it out, as you know everything with a scope is backwards 🤣

Got to Range. Rifle printed 15" high @ 10yds. Yes 10 yds! Was able to zero,but I can feel my down adjustment is ready to run out of adjustments! Guys who have good knowledge of burris signature xtr rings,please forward tips on using shim inserts. My xtr rings will be here tomorrow. Help is appreciated indeed.
I already provided you the how-to on the XTR sig scope ring on your other thread (https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/scope-adjustment-update.330350/). Frankly, I am a little confused with all your posts about it; I cannot keep track.

- https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/scope-adjustments.330280/

If you are starting over, you must let the new players know the rifle, scope (zero stop or not), base (MOA cant), etc.

Last edited:
What distance did you get it zero'ed at? How much 'up' adjustment is left in your turret? Is the scope in mil or moa? Don't sound to me like you need insert rings at all......

I bet I used 175 to190 clicks to zero! Turret has more tension on latter clicks. I zeroed @50 yds. On $.

Never mind. You don't seem to have the ability to answer simple questions to get the help you so obviously need. It is beyond me why anyone would zero anything but a rimfire at 50 yards. Nobody cares how many clicks you might have used, as they mean absolutely nothing. What matters is the amount of elevation you have left at distance, because everything below your zero is totally useless. Hope you learn enough to someday figure it out, as it is only obvious you don't have a stinking clue as to how these things work.......

Never mind. You don't seem to have the ability to answer simple questions to get the help you so obviously need. It is beyond me why anyone would zero anything but a rimfire at 50 yards. Nobody cares how many clicks you might have used, as they mean absolutely nothing. What matters is the amount of elevation you have left at distance, because everything below your zero is totally useless. Hope you learn enough to someday figure it out, as it is only obvious you don't have a stinking clue as to how these things work.......
Perhaps you missed my one statement. Wait for it... "I am NEW...to long range shooting "! Last 20 years for deer hunting, I zero at 50 yds. Many deer have been harvested!. Since I anger you, let's not communicate any more please.

To be able to give the best advice. We need to know the gun the scope the rings that are on it would give us a lot more insight into what might be the problem. Without that info we are guessing

But...but....he has more knowledge than any gunsmith in the area...

No, actually I caught that little 'NEW' gem. Nobody, and I mean nobody that can actually shoot, zero's their 'long range shooting' rifle at 50 yards. But you go, girl......
Look...only reason I zeroed today @50 yds. Was I knew it was going to be an uphill battle! It was ! First 8 shots were @10yds. To cut down errors. Now that i,m zeroed @ 50,i,ll load more rounds,then try @ 100yds. Capeche'? I,m humbled at the knowledge some Riflemen have on this site. Now I have to decide if I need those Burris Rings...or not?

But...but....he has more knowledge than any gunsmith in the area...
To be able to give the best advice. We need to know the gun the scope the rings that are on it would give us a lot more insight into what might be the problem. Without that info we are guessing
M700,Shilen A17 SS barrel, warne 20 moa pitcatinny, Athlon Rings ,Sightron Stac 3x16x42.