Howa Mini action woes

Old Rooster

If anyone has a Howa 1500 mini action with the stupid plastic magazine floorplate knows they crack easily.Mine cracked when I first got it.
I don't mind the AICS mag syatem as I can carry more rounds but that plastic has to go.
They have the fix,an aluminum bottom floor plate where you can finally torque the action screws to 50 inch pounds like Howa says.
The link will not post.
dip.com
I have one coming.

The D I P bottom metal part came in today and its all metal,no plastic.
I had to transfer the mag catch and latch assembly and it was a little tough but well worth it.
The Howa Mini Action 6.5 Grendel is now all metal and the plastic floorplate is in the trash.
Groups were growing and eratic and then found the bottom floor plate assembly cracked at the rear bolt.
It now can be torqued to factory specs of 50 inch pounds.

Yes I use the factory mags.
After I bought the D I P part I found one that replaced the floor plate and could use ar15 6.5 Grendel mags.
It was close to 200.00 if I remember right and the one I got was 119.99.
Even though it's warm outside I plan of shooting the Grendel and print a ladder test as I am taking the Arken scope off and putting a Leupold 2-7 scope I have sitting around.

I have looked again and can't find what I thought I saw.
Maybe the company that makes a bottom metal base plate for the Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel was for the CZ 6.5 Grendel and not the ar15 mags.
I'll stick to my D I P bottom metal base plate.