Scope that won't break on 300 win mag

I have a Savage in 300 win mag that absolutely eats scopes. I've blew up 4 scopes . 2 Bushnell and 2 Vortex . They have all be warranted . I usually miss something before I know the scope is junk. I have a DNZ Game Reaper mount . I'm not looking to break the bank here . $500 -$600 is my budget . Any ideas ??? Thanks.
Just curious was this a thread about optics for a 300 win. or the merits of berger bullets vs hammer bullets

Huh? I've had a viper ($800)on my 300 mag 10r for over 500 shots and no problems at all. My 300 mag r700 has thrice that with a diamondback ($200)on it. No problems.

I have Zeiss Conquests on my 300 Win mag,338 Win mag and my smokeless muzzleloader and never had one puke on me.

I have a Savage in 300 win mag that absolutely eats scopes. I've blew up 4 scopes . 2 Bushnell and 2 Vortex . They have all be warranted . I usually miss something before I know the scope is junk. I have a DNZ Game Reaper mount . I'm not looking to break the bank here . $500 -$600 is my budget . Any ideas ??? Thanks.

Quit screwing around and get a good Leupold. I have the 4.5x14 on 3 30cal magnums and these scopes do not fail.

First thing, quit using the lead sled! Not only does it transfer extreme inertia to your scope it also slams your bedding and stock. I have seen both stocks and bedding destroyed by inertia absorption. Lower priced scopes are lower priced for a reason. They aren't built to absorb high energy like Nightforce and similar other scopes are. Super high energy absorbing scopes are made with high carbon steel tubes rather than aluminum for a reason, to lock their internal components from getting loose. I think you will be money ahead to park your lead sled and save for a higher end scope. Nightforce is my choice of scopes.

Stop shooting off the sled. There are plenty of $500 scopes that will last on a 300wm.

Case in point my ABolt 300wsm is light. It has a Swaro Z3 on it. Great scope with Talley rings torqued properly. Shooting off a sled the scope moved forward a full inch over about 40 rounds. Luckily it did not hurt the scope.

I sucked it up and stopped shooting off the sled for liad development. It kicks for sure but I don't worry about breaking things.

At that price range, I'd go with a slightly used or demo scope of good quality. I did Notice a leupold 3i 3.5-10x56 in classifieds on this forum. Maybe little north of your price point, but would easily handle a 300 mag of any kind. I don't have Leupold scopes, but everyone i hunt with seems to use them with lack of issues.

SWFA ,SS 3x15-42, .50 cal rated. I've had it on my SCAR 17 for testing and have it mounted on my 6.5 x 284 Norma with no problems whatsoever. Right in your budget and if they're good enough for the Navy SEALS they are good enough for me !!

Been shooting a 300 Win Mag for over 30 years. Never lost a scopeGet the Wheeler Engineering scope ring lapping set. Check for misalighnment. Most mounts are misalighned unless they're high quality, line bored, one piece base & ring assemblies like Near Manufacturing. I'm currently using a Huskamaw scope. Previously used Redfield & Leupold scopes. If the two points of the Wheeler tool don't align, you could be bending the scope tubes. Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.