Scope recommendation for .22

Optics is all about $$$. For target shooting with a .22LR, you do not need the top end optics as you are limited to 100-150 yards in most cases. I use Weaver Classic V 6-24X 42 scopes that were made in Japan. You can find them used for reasonable money. These will do double duty as hunting scopes. If you want a pure target scope, a lot of rimfire shooters use the Weaver 36X target scopes, also made in Japan with high quality glass. For currently made scopes under $1,000, the Sightron SIII line of scopes are hard to beat. You can get a variable or fixed target version of these. For competitive target shooting, the SIII 36x45 ED scope with the Target Dot .125 MOA reticle would be my top choice.
You mentioned the Weaver Classic V 6-24x42 and it reminded me I used to have one of those. Very nice and you're correct it would be perfect. Finding one is another story …..

I have a Gen 2 Vortex Razor on my Vudoo and it's served me well. I am thinking about upgrading it to a Gen III.
If you do I don't care if you think the turrets are decent from the beginning just call vortex and tell them you want to send in your scope for the turret fix. Just say they feel a bit mushy or the turret drops when turning. For both windage and elevation. It will come back insanely impressive. Best I have dialed easily. And I have 2 NF ATACR 's.
Glass and turrets are better on the Razor

Have a few buddies who are going to start shooting .22's more. Nothing official or competitive, but might still want some upper magnification pushing 20X. Of course we don't need heavy crosshairs either. Let's not put limitations on $$ just yet.
Anything you've used you really like or recommend?
Was doing the same thing...looking for a scope for my CZ. Remembered I had an old, but practically new, B&L 4200 Elite 4-16x50 AO. Strapped it on and its perfect! Very fine crosshairs, excellent glass, parallax down to 10 yards. Won't need to upgrade unless I trick this rifle out for nrl22 competition (which is an interesting rabbit hole to crawl down...don't try it, you'll be hooked)

Recent Posts