Scope recommendation for .22

Arken EP5 under $450, Arken EPL4 6-24x50 under $350, the newest Arken EP5s and EPL4s are the ONLY Chinese made scopes I can personally recommend buying otherwise you're throwing away your money on overinflated prices from other brands since made in China are meant for first and foremost profits and not necessarily for the best quality with the aforementioned Arjens being the only exception being priced accordingly.

This spot is for the in between $1000-$1800 category such as the 4.5-30x56 and 4-25x50 scopes but there's none I can personally recommend after comparing my Athlon Cronus BTRs 4.5-29x56 and Tract Toric ELR 4.5-30x56 directly side by side to my much cheaper Arken EP5s.

Nightforce NX8 F1 4-32x56 $1800 if you shop smart and only buy from price friendly dealers over the phone for the best possible prices they aren't allowed to advertise, Vortex Razor Gen 3 $2100 refurbs from A&A with the improved turrets or $2400 or less brand new if you shop smart. Element Optics Theos 6-36x56 around $2000 - $2200 new or used if you shop smart (much lighter than the Vortex Razor Gen 3 and almost identical in clarity 12MILs per revolution).

I've already tried a lot of all price levels of scopes and these are what my own eyes prefer. The newest Arken EP5s are clearer and have a more forgiving eyebox than the Bushnell Pro ED and has far superior turrets and warranty.

Have a few buddies who are going to start shooting .22's more. Nothing official or competitive, but might still want some upper magnification pushing 20X. Of course we don't need heavy crosshairs either. Let's not put limitations on $$ just yet.
Anything you've used you really like or recommend?

Take a look at this Meopta. The parallax adjusts to 10 yards. I like them for rimfire squirrel rifles. Though it is not 20x.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Meopta-Optika5-2-10x42-RF-Z-Plus-Riflescope-1032565.aspx

I just picked up a Springfield 2020 rimfire to shoot and try and save a little $$$... (silly mortal). I picked up a used Athlon Helos BTR 4-20x50 and it has been good for the first outing. I am not normally a supporter of the PRC, but glass is really good at this price point. Not dialing crazy with it so I figured for the money it would be good and it has a reticle that will support large drops anyway.

Zeroed at 50 and it is 2.2 mils at 100 yards :p

Put a TRACT on a T1X 17HMR last Summer. A number of guy's on here use and recommend them.
T.P.

I'd check out the Bushnell forge and engage models.......as long as you go with the 30mm models the have low parallax adjustment. I've been happy with them for the money. I have several on them on rifles ranging from .22lr to .308.

Optics is all about $$$. For target shooting with a .22LR, you do not need the top end optics as you are limited to 100-150 yards in most cases. I use Weaver Classic V 6-24X 42 scopes that were made in Japan. You can find them used for reasonable money. These will do double duty as hunting scopes. If you want a pure target scope, a lot of rimfire shooters use the Weaver 36X target scopes, also made in Japan with high quality glass. For currently made scopes under $1,000, the Sightron SIII line of scopes are hard to beat. You can get a variable or fixed target version of these. For competitive target shooting, the SIII 36x45 ED scope with the Target Dot .125 MOA reticle would be my top choice.

I run an SWFA 3-15×42 FFP on my .22LR. Works like a champ from 10 yard squirrel hunting, 50 yard shooting paper, or 200 yards shooting tiny playing card sized steel silhouettes.

Sub-sonics and suppressed is crazy fun too.

My new custom DPG done by Kenny is amazing so I got a lightly used Vortex Razor Gen 3 6x36x56 and it's truly amazing in every way especially for a 22. Feels like it's made for it. Glass is stupid good. I mean stupid good. Can't recommend it enough. My second choice would be a Sightron SVIII (S8) that glass they put into this model blows my NF ATACR's away. And we know ATACR glass is fantastic. I have this Sightron on my Custom MPA 6mm Creedmoor.
Highly recommended both these scopes but would probably pick Vortex Razor Gen III as it parallax goes to 10 yards.
In the spring I want to get both of these together at the range and find what has the best glass. Both superb.

Turrets on the Vortex post upgrade are the best turrets I have dialed and it blows away both ATACR's. Not even close.

Best of luck in choosing