Scope Decision

I've got the NF 5-25 ATACR and the Zeiss V6 as well as the Leupold VX 6. Like the Zeiss and NF better, not sure which one out of those 2 I like better. My advice would be to look through different scopes at a range or at least outside. Everything looks good at the store. Good luck.

All good options. If it where me I would go with the shv. I have one and it is very good. It is by no means the ATACR. I have the 7-35 f1 and that great but at some poin cost come in. My shv allows me to stretch out my 300 win mag as far as I can. I have a Zeiss 5-25 on my lapua improved and may be replacing it with a Nightforce. Turrets are just far better on the Nightforce imo

My long range rifle has a Mark 5, 5X25 on it and I love it. However, if I was setting up a hunting rig I'd go with the 3.6X18. It's always nice to have a little wider field of view, especially if you happen to get a shot at a closer distance or if the target is moving.

For hunting in low light conditions. I use the Leica ER rifle scope 3.5 x14 42mm with IBS reticle. I shoot a custom 300 WM with a proof research match barrel with Holland muzzle break, and McMillan carbon fiber stock . My other optic choices are Night force SHV 4-14x50 F1, and Tricon Acupoint Green MilDot 5-20x50 scope.
Since I am over 60 and trekking up the hills, a lighter weight rifle is important to me. The Leica scope is lighter and rugged. I also use titanium base and titanium rings, from Murphy Machining. When it comes to spending money, my motto is "Buy once, cry once". Do your due diligence and get what you want. Avoid having regrets later on.
Good luck in your selection and good shooting. have fun.

Anyone pitching for the Huskemaw? A bit of an unusual turn to set up with it's 1/3 MOA. I'm currently running nightforce but have been looking at one of those for my girlfriend's rifle. Also the TORIC UHD.. heard a lot of interesting things about that since I've started digging a little deeper for her rifle.

I purchased a Leupold Mark 4 from MidwayUSA. It is a discontinued model but it is 1/4 MOA, 50mm objective and 30mm tube for $1000 and they still have some. The Mark 5 has some enhancements but at half the price I'm sure I won't miss anything. Very happy with the purchase even if it isn't the latest and greatest.

Looking for good advice from all the knowledge here.

I am looking to purchase a new scope for my rifle in 300 WBY. I currently have a Mark 4 6X20 that has a mil reticle. I have no idea (other than good deal at time) why I purchased scope with Mil reticle and MOA turrets.

I am looking for scope with MOA reticle for long deer hunting and shooting steel.

If you were going to purchase a new scope what Make/Model and reticle would you purchase.

Thanks as always for any advice!
Of course you know this is all subjective an based solely on personal opinion! My background: retired military current law enforcement, I have used them all mostly in mil except for now! I shoot Percision and hunt long range. I have two NF and one Kahles on the shelf with a leopold VX 6. Switched to solely Vortex on all 27 of my rifles with exception of my night vision on my .204 Ruger varnment gun and eotech on one of my AR's. I have both millirad and MOA but prefer MOA for hunting (personal preference). I'm a big fan of the Vortex Razor HD II second gen. Again personal preference plus I get a big discount being retired mil and LE. I also have a couple Vortex Viper HS-T's if you want to stay at the 1k mark.

I am looking to purchase a new scope for my rifle in 300 WBY. I currently have a Mark 4 6X20 that has a mil reticle. I have no idea (other than good deal at time) why I purchased scope with Mil reticle and MOA turrets.

I am looking for scope with MOA reticle for long deer hunting and shooting steel.

If you were going to purchase a new scope what Make/Model and reticle would you purchase.

Thanks as always for any advice!
I have my 300 Weatherby Mark V with a simple riflescope from Leupold 2.5-8x one inch tube. I purchased this rifle in 1995 and it does it job with taking my biggest game animal, a Bison here in Alaska. This rifle loves Barnes X-bullet 200 grains.

Thanks as always for any advice![/QUOTE

safe_image.php

First Impression: Zeiss Conquest V6 3-18x50 Rifle Scope - Guns & Tech
During the FTW Ranch training course that I attend for the Zeiss Sport Optics' Conquest V6 launch event, I actually spent a lot more time with the 3-18×5 model than the smaller 1-6×24 model. In 2-days, we shot over 7000 rounds of high-power rifle calibers without any failure of the Zeiss Conques...
www.gunsandtech.com

NightForce ATACR 5-25
Moar ret.
I have 2 nxs 5.5/22 that are great scopes. The last scope I bought was a ATACR 5-26 moar. This is the best scope for the money on the market.

At that price point you should at least go to a dealer and put some fingerprints on Leupold VX-5 HD and VX-6 HD scopes. One more thing - go in the evening so you can step outside and see how they perform as the light is fading. More than one target-grade scope has been disappointing when the light starts to fade, and (as someone else pointed out earlier) only you can determine how well your eye adapts to any one system as the environmental circumstances change. Also, any good dealer with these Leupolds onhand probably has one or more of the other brands that have been mentioned in this string...hard to beat the truth you find in a side-by-side comparison at dusk.
Just one more comment - don't overlook some of the less expensive scopes like Nikon's Monarch 3 and Monarch 5 lines. From experience they hold up to serious recoil & rough handling, and the illumination/low light clarity are pretty tough to beat. Think of it like this - if you only spend $7-800 on the scope you now have a down payment left to spend on a trip to go out and ACTUALLY USE that 300 Weatherby!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.