Scope Decision

Spilks

Looking for good advice from all the knowledge here.

I am looking to purchase a new scope for my rifle in 300 WBY. I currently have a Mark 4 6X20 that has a mil reticle. I have no idea (other than good deal at time) why I purchased scope with Mil reticle and MOA turrets.

I am looking for scope with MOA reticle for long deer hunting and shooting steel.

If you were going to purchase a new scope what Make/Model and reticle would you purchase.

Thanks as always for any advice!

I am partial to Nightforce. I currently have 2 SHV's. Both 3-14×56 with the MOAR reticle. Never had a problem with them and the reticle is very easy to use. I was able to hit steel at 800yds out my first time I used them. They are pretty heavy but as tough as they come. My next one will probably be the F1 SHV.

I am partial to Nightforce. I currently have 2 SHV's. Both 3-14×56 with the MOAR reticle. Never had a problem with them and the reticle is very easy to use. I was able to hit steel at 800yds out my first time I used them. They are pretty heavy but as tough as they come. My next one will probably be the F1 SHV.
Thanks I am leaning towards Nightforce.. I have a buddy who told me to look at Zeiss Z6 for glass but they just don't look that robust to me.

Looking for good advice from all the knowledge here.

I am looking to purchase a new scope for my rifle in 300 WBY. I currently have a Mark 4 6X20 that has a mil reticle. I have no idea (other than good deal at time) why I purchased scope with Mil reticle and MOA turrets.

I am looking for scope with MOA reticle for long deer hunting and shooting steel.

If you were going to purchase a new scope what Make/Model and reticle would you purchase.

Thanks as always for any advice!
$2K budget... I recommend going with this...

https://www.swfa.com/zeiss-3-18x50-conquest-v6-30mm-rifle-scope-7.html

If he could stretch another $350 he could get a march 2.5-25x52 at longrangesupply.com
I love my March. I was thinking the same thing. I really can not decide if I like my X5 or March more. That demo price on the x5 is tempting me. Maybe I need another.

I had the X5 on my 28 nosler and the elevation would click up from zero to 1/4 while i shot. Only from zero. Sent it in and they sent me another one and it did the same thing. Haven't heard this happening to anyone else. I set it up correct step by step and explained to the swaro guy. He said well i think ill give you a refund. Great customer service. I probably could of left it at 1/4 moa and it wouldn't do it but it bothered me.

I had the X5 on my 28 nosler and the elevation would click up from zero to 1/4 while i shot. Only from zero. Sent it in and they sent me another one and it did the same thing. Haven't heard this happening to anyone else. I set it up correct step by step and explained to the swaro guy. He said well i think ill give you a refund. Great customer service. I probably could of left it at 1/4 moa and it wouldn't do it but it bothered me.

Very odd. Mine does not do that.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.