Schmitt & Bender feedback

Îmi pare rău că nu putem să vă ajutăm

;)
Sorry is right!:D
The 3-18 I had went belly up 3 times within a year and a half. Always in "the shop", don't think it ever made it through a single shooting session without giving up the ghost. Loved the glass however.
If I were to pick which scopes I could be issued, the S&B PMII would be top of my list. I was playing around with some a Sniper Team from Denmark had on their rifles a couple weeks ago at a comp we put on. There is a reason they have been at the top of the food chain for as long as they have. If I had to buy my own to deploy with then ima put my money on a NightForce (not SHV) or USO. Great glass is good to have but dependability is more important to me. To hunt with, I can get buy with far less...and do.

Anyone running a trijicon 4.5-30x56 accupower? Seems mysteriously similar to a Cronus. Weight is pretty close on the two as well. I wonder how close the glass is to each other?

Anyone running a trijicon 4.5-30x56 accupower? Seems mysteriously similar to a Cronus. Weight is pretty close on the two as well. I wonder how close the glass is to each other?
It could be. Truth is about Asia scopes there are a few manufactures and scope companies put bids in for parts. Their qc dudes are basically going around the yard picking pieces saying yes this will fit our standard vs no this will not fit our standard. Leupold, vortex (except the amg), swfa, Weaver etc all do this. US optics does as well. Which is why they refused to publicized where the components are manufactured.

I have experience with the ACOG. It was indestructible! Lol

Not sure how they transferred that into the accupower. I own a Cronus and it's a great scope. No tracking issues, reticle is nice, bright and clear glass. You can find gen 1s for about $1k. Gen IIs are $1700.

An advantage to a S and B ? It seems like forever they have crafted as diverse a line as anyone. From military to high stand hunters the quality zielfernrohr if nothing else holds tolerances and thus resale values. From Swarovski, Jena, Nightforce and Swafa they all have a match for my rifles. S & Bs for me have been their low end fixed. Perhaps they have just earned trust but for a Keep it Simple mountain rifle a S&B 6 x 42 with one of their many super crisp reticles are a top favorite.

I have experience with the ACOG. It was indestructible! Lol

Not sure how they transferred that into the accupower. I own a Cronus and it's a great scope. No tracking issues, reticle is nice, bright and clear glass. You can find gen 1s for about $1k. Gen IIs are $1700.
the acog, rcr, mro and such that the military use are made in the USA. Funny how things become decent quality when its US made.

I've a safe full of Zeiss scopes. Fairly awesome and I get them wholesale. I wish they were 30 mm tubes.

Ever look thru a US Optics scope? Guy had one on an AR10. Picked it up and looked thru the scope, immediately dismounted the weapon to take a look at the scope. The guy laughed and said, "Everybody does that...."

https://www.usoptics.com/
US Optics are fantastic scopes, the only problem being on my side of the pond they make S&B prices look mid range

As somebody else posted, the choice of a scope is mostly a personal fact depending on the eye as well as by the money one can spend. Second point that matters is
the quality of the optics. As also posted by nitro 375, at the sunny daylight it is difficult to appreciate the difference among the various brands available nowadays: I suggest to make this test at dusk. Go to the shop and put some different brands aside: look trough and you'll see some interesting things...
Third point: the quality of the mechanism. I saw some incredible plastic compos inside the turrets of a well known top brand...

As somebody else posted, the choice of a scope is mostly a personal fact depending on the eye as well as by the money one can spend. Second point that matters is
the quality of the optics. As also posted by nitro 375, at the sunny daylight it is difficult to appreciate the difference among the various brands available nowadays: I suggest to make this test at dusk. Go to the shop and put some different brands aside: look trough and you'll see some interesting things...
Third point: the quality of the mechanism. I saw some incredible plastic compos inside the turrets of a well known top brand...

I agree,,, dusk vision is a priority in the North since the day light hours are limited...

A few option to choose from ,,, a S&B or a Nikon,,, both optics extend the good times.

And yes the S&B is a waaaaay better optic then any Nikon low power,,, but for a looooot less cost we have the option of clear glass for the low light conditions.

The Nikon's are a bit heavy, but the solid tube is well worth it for the rugged bush and mountain hunter,,, mine is test proven with 3 wrecks as it holds in there...

Best $500 ish Cnd funds spent,,, and this chunk of junk optic was my first 1 km shooting optic.

Oh Yha,,, the saved funds allows for more boots on the hunting grounds of good times. That's what counts in my world.

My Vortex,,, Sightron, Leopold's I use mostly for competion now days since the frugal Monarch fills those hunting needs.

I have one question here why is the PMII the only line of S&B scope being mentioned for price. When all the other brands guys are mentioing lower priced scope in the line up. I know if I had the money I would own a S&B scope which one I don't know. How ever I do know their line up includes more scopes then the PMII. If we are talking comparisons then please compare apples to apples.
It was said S&B is just sitting on their models and not changing much maybe that is because even without change they are still out front. Warranty has come up to and how great the fore ever warranty is well don't forget it cost you to send it in. Now I am not sure what shipping costs are like south of the 49th but up here it cost me 100 bucks for FREE warranty. Yes I got a new 450 dollar scope but it cost 100 bucks to get it. I also talked to a guy about the Vortek warranty and it cost him even more and his scope never did get fixed. I have gone the buy cheaper way but you eventually end up paying more looking for better. Then when all is said and done you buy what you should have bought in the first place and been 100% happy. My advice would be get a S&B of some description and laugh at the nay sayers while you are enjoying what you really wanted.

I have one question here why is the PMII the only line of S&B scope being mentioned for price. When all the other brands guys are mentioing lower priced scope in the line up. I know if I had the money I would own a S&B scope which one I don't know. How ever I do know their line up includes more scopes then the PMII. If we are talking comparisons then please compare apples to apples.
It was said S&B is just sitting on their models and not changing much maybe that is because even without change they are still out front. Warranty has come up to and how great the fore ever warranty is well don't forget it cost you to send it in. Now I am not sure what shipping costs are like south of the 49th but up here it cost me 100 bucks for FREE warranty. Yes I got a new 450 dollar scope but it cost 100 bucks to get it. I also talked to a guy about the Vortek warranty and it cost him even more and his scope never did get fixed. I have gone the buy cheaper way but you eventually end up paying more looking for better. Then when all is said and done you buy what you should have bought in the first place and been 100% happy. My advice would be get a S&B of some description and laugh at the nay sayers while you are enjoying what you really wanted.

I think the PMII is coming up the most because it has all the features long range guys want. Their hunting and sporting line are pretty simple scopes. I bet the best glass and reliability on the market, but not a lot of features.

Also, I just googled the current PMII price. Europtics has them at the low end for the base model at $3200 and the high end models at $5500!! Not hating, but I'll just stick with my SWFA HD. Serving me fine at a third of the price. Same can be said for my Cronus and weaver Tac 34. If you can afford $3200 then 100% go for it. If not there are tons of suitable, cheaper options.

Athlon, primary arms, SWFA, Vortex, Burris, Weaver, Bushnell, Nikon, and Tract top tier scopes come in at 2,200 or less. Leupold and nightforce have scopes in the PMII category of features but also about $1k less. I agree though scopes like March and the higher products of NF and leupold easily get into the SB PMII range.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.