Swaro Z8 feedback

Mattheidel

Does anyone have any long term experience with a Swarovski Z8 with a ballistic turret flex? Specifically asking about overall durability and accuracy/repeatability of the turrets. I have several Swaros, and love the glass, but have only used them for stand hunting, so they haven't seen much abuse. I currently use NF NX8 on my backpack elk hunting gun and it has taken plenty of abuse in the mountains and still held zero. I love the NF scopes, and the turrets are some of the best I've used, but my eyes aren't what they use to be and the glass on the Swaros is a huge help in that department without adding too much weight/bulk like a ATACR, ZCO, Tangent Theta, etc. Wanting to improve my glass situation, but not at the expense of a possible failure on a hunt. Any reviews would be much appreciated, as everything I find online is an out-of-the-box description of how good the glass is, etc with no relevant info on durability. Thanks in advance!

I have used mine for 5 or 6 years now. Never used the turret in the field as I haven't shot anything past 250, but i regularly shoot it at the range to 500 on steel and have never changed the setup since I first developed the load. No ladder or sophisticated tracking tests, but I still shoot 1/2 moa to 500 from a bench to the same POI as I did when i set it up. Good to go. Past 500 only shot at a few rocks to 800 in the field after hunts conclude. I have zero at 200 and then to 600 on the turret, clicks past that.
SnT

I have a 2-16 on a 28 Nosler rifle, I've already shot out 1 barrel with that scope on it. I've killed lots of animals, it's traveled to a few different countries, rode around in 4 wheelers, trucks, accompanied me on more than a few slips and trips in the woods. I've never had to adjust it, I dial for elevation when I have time and it's been solid. I've never done a tracking test with it because I've never felt the need.

I've also got a few Z6's as well that have been just as reliable, when my 338 NMI is completed it will be wearing a Z8 when in the field as well.

I have one the 3.5-28x50 and have used it to shoot out to 1160yds it returned to 0 every time, I had to max the scope out and use the retical the rest of the way I was using 0moa rings at the time.

I have Leupolds on most of my rifles, vx6HD. Main reason is weight. the Z8 is the gem in my safe. Light transmission and clarity is a+. I like it better than my Zeiss V6, NF ATACR. The only scope that came close to it in terms of last light shooting is a Vortex razor LH i have. But the LH has a very narrow (not sure this is the right term) eye relief.
Z8i is a lot of $, but if u can swing it, have at least one...
SnT

I haven't looked through a ZCO or Tangent Theta, but compared to NF, Zeiss, Steiner, Schmidt and Bender, etc, in my opinion ,it's the brightest of the bunch. I also haven't looked through the Zeiss V8. Those are also all heavy and bulky, and I'm looking for something for a mountain rifle.

I haven't looked through a ZCO or Tangent Theta, but compared to NF, Zeiss, Steiner, Schmidt and Bender, etc, in my opinion ,it's the brightest of the bunch. I also haven't looked through the Zeiss V8. Those are also all heavy and bulky, and I'm looking for something for a mountain rifle.
I can tell you that my Z8 is absolutely awesome. I probably have 20+ Swarovski scopes and 5 of their binoculars. I have 50+ Leupold scopes. I have 2 NF Atacrs. The Z8 just blows everything away. Fabulous piece of glass.

I can tell you that my Z8 is absolutely awesome. I probably have 20+ Swarovski scopes and 5 of their binoculars. I have 50+ Leupold scopes. I have 2 NF Atacrs. The Z8 just blows everything away. Fabulous piece of glass.
Agreed, I love mine.
IMG_9472.jpeg

Recent Posts