Mcmillan A3-5 feedback

jett

Can someone provide any feedback on the Mcmillan A3-5 stock. It will go on a 7-300 wsm w/ a 28" Sendero taper barrel. The gun will be used mostly for hunting and punching paper using a bipod and rear bag. I am also considering the Manners T2 or the HS Precision Sendero style stock. I am trying to find a stock which is not quite as heavy and bulky feeling as the A-5 without sacrificing the stable platform the A-5 provides. Any other suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks for your help.
Jett

I have a new Remington Sendero - I have handled the McMillan A-3 - the Sendero has a much bulkier feel to both in the forend and the grip - the sendero grip has a palm swell, The A-3 feels much more streamline than the Sendero. I have also handled the McMillan A-5 - that to has a wider forend than the A-3 . I am looking for a stock that would be kind of a combo long range/carry rifle - the A-3 fits that bill. McMillan use the A-3 on their long range guns.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts