Savage needs to buy a scale or fire attorneys

The weight is a non concern for me. At 70 I still hunt all day at 8.5-10K with G1 Sendero 300WM which is likely few ounces heavier:eek:. I cull my pack for lightest gear so I can carry more food to carry rifle!😂🤣 I prefer heavy shooting platform and manage weight elsewhere. Including myself! Huge trekking pole advocate which helps with whatever weight you are carrying. looking forward to getting one in hands for feel and balance. This could be real interesting swap barrel similar to the TC Dimension.
I have a G1 sendero SF. It really is a well balanced & just right weight rifle. With a 16-18 ounce scope, it can still be kept at around 10lbs or under.

I don't know about there rifle division, but they own Bowtech Archery and Excalibur Crossbows also and both have gone in the tank over the last decade

Perhaps a happy medium would have been to carry a 6.5 PRC

6.5 PRC only offers a little more velocity than a 6.5 creedmoor. I could kill an elk at 450 yards with my creedmoor or 600 yards with a PRC but I feel more confident with my Lapua when it comes to elk.

I'm still in my 30's and don't mind packing the extra weight that much. In another 10 or 20 years I may switch to a 6.5 in a light weight rifle for my primary elk gun. Until then I'll stick with my 300 win or 338 for elk.

I'm no shotgun expert by any means. I always thought the main attributes of any auto was it's ability to cycle just about any brand & type shell through it and the owners ability to hit just about anything he points it at. I'm sure the latter is all about how it fits the shooter. Am I missing anything? Patters can always be worked out. Maybe my viewpoint just shows how much of a novice I am with shotguns.

Nope, neither one of them are ugly regardless of what Randy Wakeman says. I do not know who he is and his opinion does NOT influence my personal choice.
We have firearm reveiwers over here that like Randy who read specs and don't check them themselves, from what I see on the Savage site both guns look really good to me, I just wish we could have the Reneguage over here and hopefully the straight pull makes it here.
Cheers fro Australia

We have firearm reveiwers over here that like Randy who read specs and don't check them themselves, from what I see on the Savage site both guns look really good to me, I just wish we could have the Reneguage over here and hopefully the straight pull makes it here.
Cheers fro Australia
I read enough Randy Wakeman & Chuckle Hawk's articles to realize they were 20 years behind at the time of their writing 20 years ago. That's 40 years behind.

Radman quote.JPG
I am not sure why you are quoting me as such.

Last edited:
I am a long time savage fan and currently own 6 savage rifles. They are an innovative company so of course was not surprised to see them launch a line of straight pull rifles

All excitement ended when I saw the 22" barreled straight pull rifle weighing in at 11lbs. This follows the launch of the new Renegauge shotgun, that seems to have an innovative action, also weighs in over 10 lbs. I think randy wakeman referred to it as the worst shotgun he had reviewed in recent memory

Just don't see how such a strong engineering company can be so far out of step with competitive products or user preference. If it's the attorneys demanding that degree of robustness in an action driving the weight they need to retain new counsel

Anyone else feel similarly about these two new products? Ideally savage is processing the his feedback
Weight is not your enemy.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.