Savage accutrigger issues

The straight pull is true... But when pressure (big deer, elk,etc) is at shooting distance, the plan goes out the window....and I DON'T want to be racking my bolt when I'm looking at a chance that might only happen once...even in competition, I only have so much time to shoot 10 rounds, so when you have to recock every round or every other, the situation gets critical real fast.... Reliability is peace of mind.....I want peace of mind...rsbhunter

Rifle Basics is another option.... I did have one I put on a Rem Model 7, and it is the only rifle part I ever sent back. I'm not saying anything bad about them, but I could not get it to better the factory trigger, and I see a number of reviews that leave me questioning the outcome of buying one....but alot of people like them...A real good trigger is worth every penny spent.....it is the last part of the equation in putting A shot on target.....rsbhunter

My father in law was having the exact same issue with his savage accutrigger. The gun was firing fine for me every time but not for him. It kept locking him out 75% of the time. I noticed he finger was angled on the trigger instead of squared up. I suggested he make the correction and he didn't have anymore issues.

After a similar journey - I came up with the following: 1. Make sure I do not close the bolt too "hard" - that can lock it up. 2. Do not set the trigger too light - I started at .6oz, then to .8z and settled on 1oz. 3. Trigger pull - finger square to the trigger with no side pressure. That seems to have solved my locking Accutrigger issue. Note: At one point got into a "bad" habit of gently checking the blade to make sure it was free and then go into shooting mode, and that led to a few premature firings. Good luck.

I have the ultralight in 300 wsm. I really like the gun shoots great when it shoots. I had probably 3 box's of bullets through it with no issues. Now it picks and chooses when it actually shoots. The first stage of the trigger will just stay locked up as if the safety was on. Cycling the bolt will eventually make it work. The other day I probably had to mess with the bolt a dozen times before I got a shot off. I did lighten the trigger when the gun was new. Has anyone else had similar issues? I really like the gun I'm not Apposed to buying a aftermarket trigger if there is a fix to my issue tho I don't mind the accutrigger when it works.
I have 4 with accutrigger without any issues. As others noted, you set the trigger pull too light. For a hunting rifle, I keep mine at 2-3 lbs. How light did you take it down to?