Savage accutrigger issues

Dirtscoots

I have the ultralight in 300 wsm. I really like the gun shoots great when it shoots. I had probably 3 box's of bullets through it with no issues. Now it picks and chooses when it actually shoots. The first stage of the trigger will just stay locked up as if the safety was on. Cycling the bolt will eventually make it work. The other day I probably had to mess with the bolt a dozen times before I got a shot off. I did lighten the trigger when the gun was new. Has anyone else had similar issues? I really like the gun I'm not Apposed to buying a aftermarket trigger if there is a fix to my issue tho I don't mind the accutrigger when it works.

Accutriger locks you out when the trigger is activated before the safety blade. Either the trigger is bumpfiring and locking you out or you are touching the side if the trigger and activating it. Recheck your adjustments and make sure you set the adjustment screws with clear fingernail polish. First time I did mine a screw had backed out after a couple of months and my trigger stopped working correctly. Adjusted again and used the polish and have not had issue for years

The SSS trigger would be ideal, but Fred isn't making them anymore. MidwayUSA sold so many for $150, there is surely one in somebody's box to find and buy. They are a $250 trigger.

Jard makes a $250 trigger that feels real good…..I think I'm at 8-12oz now.

Thank you for the help fellas I was working on bikes today I'll try pull that thing out and do some trouble shooting tomorrow. My wife originally was the one to have an issue with it. I thought it was just her at first. She was so disgusted, ran about 14 shells through it thinking it was misfiring while trying to kill a buck. Luckily he must have been amused and just watched until finally went bang.

The first stage of the trigger will just stay locked up as if the safety was on. Cycling the bolt will eventually make it work. The other day I probably had to mess with the bolt a dozen times before I got a shot off.
This sounds like the sear jars off when closing the bolt. Is that what happened?
Only takes a few minutes to take the accu-trigger blade out of the trigger. Does not affect the main trigger at all.
How will removing the safety help make it work?

Thank you for the help fellas I was working on bikes today I'll try pull that thing out and do some trouble shooting tomorrow. My wife originally was the one to have an issue with it. I thought it was just her at first. She was so disgusted, ran about 14 shells through it thinking it was misfiring while trying to kill a buck. Luckily he must have been amused and just watched until finally went bang.
I would just back the trigger spring adjustment out a turn or two until the sear doesn't trip when rifle is bumped. Slightly heavier pull, but at least it will be reliable.

there are 3 accutriggers. regular, varmint and target.

target is red blade.

regular and varmint differ only by spring. gun shack or NSS will sell you the spring that will safely take you to 1.5 pounds

i have an old post here with part number

I have the ultralight in 300 wsm. I really like the gun shoots great when it shoots. I had probably 3 box's of bullets through it with no issues. Now it picks and chooses when it actually shoots. The first stage of the trigger will just stay locked up as if the safety was on. Cycling the bolt will eventually make it work. The other day I probably had to mess with the bolt a dozen times before I got a shot off. I did lighten the trigger when the gun was new. Has anyone else had similar issues? I really like the gun I'm not Apposed to buying a aftermarket trigger if there is a fix to my issue tho I don't mind the accutrigger when it works.
Besides what is mentioned below they are very sensitive to your finger being square with the trigger I gave one to a friend shoots great for me every single time he went through a series of nine attempts before he was ever able to fire shot, I'm watching him and his figure is at a pretty severe angle when squeezing the trigger he's been shooting that way so long he could not deal with it so we replaced the trigger . there is a drop in offering from jard.

At a minimum I would replace that trigger. Unless you are experienced with trigger work I would have someone who is repair it or check your repairs. A faulty firing mechanism on any gun is a tragedy looking for a place to happen.