Savage Actions with AccuTrigger?

Nope! If I'm gonna use a Savage action for a build its gotta be cheap/used. Besides the stock options for the old stagard actions is a lot better! The accutrigger may be a good factory trigger (I dont personaly like it) but most standard triggers can be made to work and a SSS trigger works great.
Should update pic to include a longrange 6br and 30-06:D

8-07%20Savages.jpg

I used a undesignated Target Action with the target Accutrigger to piece together a pistol. Its in 7wsm... I've heard of other people chambering them in 338 edge.

Yes they have.

Check out AJ Peacock's Savage 338 Edge.

KRP also has an Edge built off of a Savage action........and I believe Earl Fouraker has a 7 RUM.

TXLR

I have a 25/06 I have been able to take squirrels out to 650 with, a 300RUM and a 243 I am currently building a with one of the right bolt left port actions.
And a 300wsm I was able to take my deer with last year at 737yrds. After building my first savage and looking at the simplicity of its design I have sold my 3 remingtons and replaced them with savages. I have also converted most of my buddies, now in our group we have 11 different savages and all are capable of 3/4moa or less, most quite a bit less.
Oh yea they all currently have accutriggers tuned down to less than a pound.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.