Anyone else have problems with savage accutrigger?

My guess is that instead of using the pad of the last joint on the blade, they are sticking their finger too far into the trigger and pulling with the crease of the first joint. Curling their finger around the trigger. That is a very inaccurate grip on the trigger.
Not only inaccurate, but VERY common with people that taught themselves to shoot without an instructor. Less common with target shooters because they usually get instruction from professionals.

Last edited:
My guess is that instead of using the pad of the last joint on the blade, they are sticking their finger too far into the trigger and pulling with the crease of the first joint. Curling their finger around the trigger. That is a very inaccurate grip on the trigger.
Not only inaccurate, but VERY common with people that taught themselves to shoot without an instructor. Less common with target shooters because they usually get instruction from professionals.
Eh, I was never 'taught' to shoot. The drill sergeants at basic had some pointers and I took some of it but for the most part they weren't actually shooters. I shoot with the pad on the end of my finger, maybe that's because it seems right, idk. That being said this thread is super old, I saw it pop up and went to address the initial issue but realized it was from 2009. I was intending on suggesting the Timney trigger as a great replacement for the AccuTrigger. I have one that I had set around 12oz for a while. Then I was 'playing' with my rifle and it sent the firing pin home when closing the bolt quickly/hard. That's obviously an issue on a hunting rifle so I set it close to 2lbs probably a little under. I don't like heavy triggers and every little bit helps.