Savage accutrigger issues

The only problems I've had with my savage triggers have been self inflicted, setting the pull weight too low. If you want a lighter weight, you can buy springs from the varmint trigger. These are simple triggersthat are very easy to work on.

In addition to everything mentioned I have seen people having the safety set at the middle position, it will not fire but the bolt isn't locked like when the safety is on.

I have the ultralight in 300 wsm. I really like the gun shoots great when it shoots. I had probably 3 box's of bullets through it with no issues. Now it picks and chooses when it actually shoots. The first stage of the trigger will just stay locked up as if the safety was on. Cycling the bolt will eventually make it work. The other day I probably had to mess with the bolt a dozen times before I got a shot off. I did lighten the trigger when the gun was new. Has anyone else had similar issues? I really like the gun I'm not Apposed to buying a aftermarket trigger if there is a fix to my issue tho I don't mind the accutrigger when it works.
Have exact same issue on my Stealth in 6.5 Manbun. I have to lift the bolt and set it back down to reset trigger otherwise it locks up. Doesn't happen all the time. Maybe once in a sitting. I'm thinking it's probably because I have the trigger set too light.

Dave

Thanks for all the insight. I don't have a gauge I assumed there wasn't such a thing as too light im guessing I need to turn it back in. I may look at putting a trigger in it for piece of mind. I know my wife has zero interest in trusting that gun after her issue hunting with it.

I was shooting a friends Savage rifle and I had several misfires. I was taking up the slack on the first stage and slowly squeezed the trigger. The only way I could get to work was to squeeze the trigger in one constant pull. Count me as an anti accutrigger. I like the accuracy of the rifles, but I'm not buying a Savage unless I can get one cheap enough to replace trigger.