Savage extraction issues?

zr600

Ok I have my savage calling rifle in 22-243 that is dropping cases on top of the mag sometimes. Other times it won’t take it out of the chamber then all of a sudden it works fine. What’s causing this? I had Fred at sharp shooter supply true and time the action work good for about 300 rounds now it’s acting up again I know he was supposed to upgrade for this issue. Anyone else have these issues with there savages.

Greyfox

Check/replace the ejector plunger spring also! It’s very small/thin. When it wears, it can collapse/break and produce variable pressure on The ejector. Takes about 3 minutes to replace and a buck or two.

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
As others noted, they are easy and cheap fix. You might consider replacing other components affecting your disassembly while you're at it. Spare are always nice to have.

A couple of videos to guide you in the process ...

Last edited:

jrock

Check/replace the ejector plunger spring also! It’s very small/thin. When it wears, it can collapse/break and produce variable pressure on The ejector. Takes about 3 minutes to replace and a buck or two.
Make sure its clean as well. Call savage for parts as they are cheap in ship quickly.

Trending threads