Savage extraction issues?

zr600

Ok I have my savage calling rifle in 22-243 that is dropping cases on top of the mag sometimes. Other times it won't take it out of the chamber then all of a sudden it works fine. What's causing this? I had Fred at sharp shooter supply true and time the action work good for about 300 rounds now it's acting up again I know he was supposed to upgrade for this issue. Anyone else have these issues with there savages.

Check/replace the ejector plunger spring also! It's very small/thin. When it wears, it can collapse/break and produce variable pressure on The ejector. Takes about 3 minutes to replace and a buck or two.

Check/replace the ejector plunger spring also! It's very small/thin. When it wears, it can collapse/break and produce variable pressure on The ejector. Takes about 3 minutes to replace and a buck or two.

Make sure its clean as well. Call savage for parts as they are cheap in ship quickly.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts