Savage 110 feeding issues

Oldschool280

hello again, i did a search and couldn't find what i was looking for. I have a savage 110 top release, staggered feed blind mag that I converted from 7 mag to 35 whelen. I cannot get the rifle to feed properly. I tried many different bullet seating depths, mag spring manipulation ( which ultimately broke) and feed lips adjustment . At first the rifle would peel a round off and chamber it if the cartridge was on the left side, it would try to chamber the right side but just slide over after it was moved a half inch. I have a spring on its way . Any tips or tricks to get this ironed out? Thanx

Last edited:
if this is the older stagerfeed with the box attached to the action you can remove the box and replace with a centerfeed blind mag that is attached to the stock.
call northland shooter supply they might have all the right parts and then you can use an 30-06 box

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.