Ruger precision rifle

Well now I have gone and done it. My gun shop has 6 on order and the first 243 is mine. I have more rugers than any thing else. It just turned out that way. I can't turn down a good deal. My first new deer rifle was a 25o6 tang safety I got back in 79 I turned it into a 280 ack. A few years ago. I don't need a new rifle I have to many now. Don't have a 243 any more but sense Ruger has gone to all this trouble to produce a fine precision rifle with all these neat features and a price that a working man can afford. I can't pass it up. Now the waiting begins.

Ruger is releasing any and all barrel info to any barrel manufacturers that want to make them. You will see aftermarket barrels in short time.

heck of an ugly rifle, but I'm a wood and steel guy...

down to nuts and bolts; I'm not a Ruger guy but own a couple...my #1 in 338win is a consistent 1/2 to 1 moa performer depending on load... That is unless I bring it to the range when jweiel is there too..... then the forearm screw will walk loose ane she'll toss a couple of three moa groups...
my 77 Hawkeye is a rh wood stocked 35 whelen.... it has the best group on it at 200 yards of any rifle I own. A month or so ago jweiel and I were at the range and I put up a .295" ctc group @ 200 with the rifle... Jerry backed that up with a tight cloverleaf at 100 with a rifle he'd never fired before.

I've also seen the flip side of Ruger... we unloaded a Hawkeye in 300 win a while back as she would never really go sub moa unless she was eating 150 grain pills.

I've never really seen a ruger rifle walk when heated either. I've tried to do this by firing a 20 shot rapid fire group with a m77 ss in '06; the accuracy loosened up to 2 moa as the barrel heated but there was zero walk... when the barrel cooled the accuracy was back to just below moa where the rifle was to start with. We usually heat up our hammer forged piped good at least once at the range to check for walk... remmy yes at times/ ruger not so much...

My RPR creed came today. Slopped on some paint, while waiting for scope rings.....

IMG_6328%202_zpsxbgrixb7.jpg

I've got a fantastic story about Rugers. It goes like this: I had a Ruger once and I sold it. THE END.

These rifles are creating quite a stir. Great accuracy with factory ammo for around $1k?!? What's not to like!

You can get a Savage LRP in 6.5 Creed for right at $1K. I think it is a much better deal.
Known LR performer out of the box
HS Precision stock
26" button rifled bull barrel
Proven Savage Target style action
Target version of accutrigger that is adjustable down into the ounces!
PLus you can get it in a REM 260

The RPR is great eye candy. I just don't think it will be able to touch the LRP in options and performance.

You can also make LRP look a lot like a RPR, if you want....

Attachments

• 6.5 creedmoor.jpg
    6.5 creedmoor.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 88
That escalated quickly. Thankfully all the game I've shot haven't been discriminating, and not fallen because my guns are fugly.

I'll be interested to see now that a lot of factory guns are getting in the hands of regular shooters, and not just the models given to gun writers, if the accuracy claims prove to be true.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts