Ruger precision rifle

Since Ruger has already shown how to remove the trigger group, I'm sure we can figure it out.
Pulling out a trigger group is easy. Designing a quality one and getting it to market takes time. I'd bet at least 1-2 years. Love to see a company get it right and be proactive though.
Hell I'm still waiting for Vortex to provide the scope I ordered 6 months ago, and that has been in production a year already.

Ruger is one of the few companies that, when they announce a new product, they actually have them ready to ship. None of this wait 1-1/2 years stuff. There's a lot to like about Ruger. Now... if only they could just make an accurate rifle that doesn't use those absurd model 77 scope mounts. I particularly like that they don't necessarily steer their customer to a proprietary magazine and rings. You can use AICS mags which demonstrates that they know what people want instead of being only a company of bean counters. I about fell out of my chair when I saw they include a 20 MOA picatinny rail.

We'll see if the rifles you can buy off the shelf at John Doe's Gun Store in Broken Arrow OK are as consistent as the one they put in the the hands of a bunch of writers. Very much looking forward to reports on this one.

Since its bucketing down rain. I may run down to turners to place my order.

Now they have gone and done it. I don't need another rifle! I like Rugers and have had good luck with the old tang safety. Just didn't have the after market support. With this rifle they hit the nail on the head. I don't have a 243 anymore now to see if I can get me one.

As the owner of a Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor I'm prejudiced FOR the Precision rifle.

Look at the great features:
1. 5R rifling (better gas seal, less bullet deformation, less fouling)
2. 3 lug bolt for fast cycling (Better, IMHO, than the 2 lug on my Rem. precision rifle.)
3. great adjustable trigger
4. threaded and capped muzzle for adding brake & suppressor
5. AR compatible grip and stock attachment for customizing to suit
6. Samson free floated forearm W/ Keymod for attachments
7. integral receiver for no bedding problems
8. MULTI-adjustable folding stock for easy transport & bolt removal.
9. 20 MOA Picatinny rail on receiver
10. ability to take THREE styles of popular magazines. amazing

That's a lot for around $1,500 street price. And all reputable reviewers found it extremely accurate.

It will take some doing for Savage, Marlin, Remington, to do better. Maybe, hopefully, we'll see Sako do a Tikka Tactical with a chassis setup for a similar price but I'll bet it would be at least $500. more.

RUGER IS ON A ROLL!

I have always "liked" Ruger but never loved. I am getting a LR designated rifle set up for Elk, Moose and what not in a 300 Win mag. My next rifle will likely be a Ruger Precision in a 6.5. I will just wait for them to work out the kinks. It does look like Ruger really did knock it out of the park on this one.

And like many of the new "precision" rifles that cost far less, it comes with a sub-moa guarantee...Not!

:D

MOA Chaser,

No the Ruger Precision Rifle does not come with a sub MOA guarantee. It's performance speaks for itself.

My 6.5 CM Ruger American Predator, which is the same basic action (minus a bolt cutout and big receiver) has a similar barrel and threaded muzzle. It consistently shoots sub MOA with 140 gr. Hornady factory loads. When I begin hand loading I may be able to improve to 1/2 MOA groups.

My Predator has a Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 scope with a Horus H 59 reticle to help get those good groups. If (actually WHEN) I get the Ruger PR that scope will go on it and I'll sell the Predator with its 20 MOA Picatinny rail and extra magazines. It's an amazing rifle for the price and all because Ruger did its innovative engineering homework.

Savage and Marlin make good "entry level" rifles but neither have Ruger's great bedding system and bolt. I've been spoiled for 3 lug bolts ever since I got my Browning A-Bolt years ago.

I'm not sure about that? The review in AR magazine had it shooting around .76 or so. And that was with the 6.5 CM! My cheap ($500) 6.5 CM Vanguard S2 will shoot .5 all day with factory ammo. I bet some of the low end Tikka and the Savage rifles will give the Ruger a run for its money as well. But, I don't have a 308 right now, so I got to have one! Doggone It! :D

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts