Ruger Precision Rifle in 300 PRC?

TangoOscarMike

I have been thinking about buying one of these rifles and putting a Tract Toric UHD 30mm 4-20x50mm FFP MRAD PRS scope on it.

Is this 300 PRC everything that they claim it to be? I have read the science behind it, and it allows you to use the long higher BC bullets without having to seat too deeply.

What do you think that the recoil would be like in comparison to something like my Remington 700 CDL in 30-06? The rifle weighs over 15 pounds and it comes with a muzzle break. It seems like that should tame it down quite a bit.

Thoughts???

At the end of the article, the author notes pretty much all of my findings in my research. The Ruger is not a beautiful work of art. However, at the price point it will punch holes in paper way over there at a reasonable price.

Dont overlook the Improved version 30 Sherman Magnum. You can shoot Hornady factory ammo very accurately and then re load for a good boost in performance. It will run right with a 30/28 Nosler or 300 Norma Magnum.
shermanwildcatcartridges.com

Dont overlook the Improved version 30 Sherman Magnum. You can shoot Hornady factory ammo very accurately and then re load for a good boost in performance. It will run right with a 30/28 Nosler or 300 Norma Magnum.
shermanwildcatcartridges.com

How is the cartridge with seating longer projectiles?

Does it offer a real advantage over the 300 PRC?

I like the PRC because it comes from the factory in a decent and affordable rifle.

How is the cartridge with seating longer projectiles?

Does it offer a real advantage over the 300 PRC?

I like the PRC because it comes from the factory in a decent and affordable rifle.
My reamer will clean up the 300 prc chamber with no other mods needed. The oal is the same as the prc. I can run 230 Bergers up tp 3100' in my 28" barrel and my hunting load is 3024'. Many happy customers! probably have head stamped brass this winter

I have a RPR in 308. After I threw away the trigger and stock it is a tack driver, with a Vortex Gen2 Rzr and a suppressor it weighs a little over 17 pounds. You don't want to jump it around the mountains, but out to 1280 yds it hits if you do your part. What I'm saying is the RPR is a great rifle for the money.

I have a RPR in 308. After I threw away the trigger and stock it is a tack driver, with a Vortex Gen2 Rzr and a suppressor it weighs a little over 17 pounds. You don't want to jump it around the mountains, but out to 1280 yds it hits if you do your part. What I'm saying is the RPR is a great rifle for the money.

What did you find unsatisfactory about the trigger and the stock?

With the Tract you'll be over 18 lbs....Should shoot fairly mild....I have a custom 300 RUM throwing 210gr @ 3050 and its easy...heavy Krieger bbl and vais brake... Do you already have a Tract scope? Just got mine 2 days ago, and WOW .For the money, it is super impressive....curious what your thoughts on that scope are....rsbhunter

What did you find unsatisfactory about the trigger and the stock?
After shooting aftermarket triggers in all my other rifles it just didn't have a good "feel" and the stock simply wasn't a solid platform. I put a Magpul PRS on and it's rock solid. Really changed the rifle.

After shooting aftermarket triggers in all my other rifles it just didn't have a good "feel" and the stock simply wasn't a solid platform. I put a Magpul PRS on and it's rock solid. Really changed the rifle.

What kind of trigger did you put in the rifle?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts