Ridiculous questions.

In case there's any confusion, the .236 is the 6mm Lee Navy. The 6mm Rem. is a .243. It was introduced as a .244 Rem., but didn't do well against the .243 Win. so they renamed it. I've got a Ruger Mod. 77 in 6mm that will shoot .25 inch @100yds any day of the week…depending on the operator.
I should have known that whatever Remington says is 6 mm is actually .243"😁

Naahh. He just had a bad day. Drank some Jack and went on a rant. Heck , same thing I did when I lived in Kommiefornia.
If you really need primers I'll hook you up. I have more than enough to last my lifetime. What's left of it anyway. Hope you aren't still sick !
Take care Dan !

hey, ya can't blame him. He lives in a State that makes even the most sane reserved gentlemen lose their minds. I suspect that he is really one of us. And I would like to hear what he has nailed with his 6mm Remington. Of course, I'm in Arkansas, and an admitted Extreme Short Range Hunter, so I have killed more critters with 22 LR than I have at longer ranges with centerfire. I bet he has had some truly wonderful adventures with his 6 mm on that Island. I would like to hear from him now about the deer and maybe piggies he has nixed with his 6 mm Remington. Lord knows I could tell some hair raising tales of critters I have nixed in Arkansas up close and personal. Hey Island dude, don't be shy. I'm bored as all get out here in the non-hunting season in Arkansas, so tell us what you have snuffed on the Island. No kidding; I'm truly interested and wanting to learn what else you can shoot for fun on an Island. Pirate treasure must figure in here sooner or later. And I'm all for that. If he tells the truth; I will tell what I catch in my traps in my back yard (which is the edge of the world).

Naahh. He just had a bad day. Drank some Jack and went on a rant. Heck , same thing I did when I lived in Kommiefornia.
If you really need primers I'll hook you up. I have more than enough to last my lifetime. What's left of it anyway. Hope you aren't still sick !
Take care Dan !

Take care Dan !
Not sick, my friend. Badly out of shape, yes! Looking forward to making another trip to shoot some long range (notice I didn't say Hit at Long Range) and maybe get some better dope on my sticks and loads. Take care! DT in MT

Not sick, my friend. Badly out of shape, yes! Looking forward to making another trip to shoot some long range (notice I didn't say Hit at Long Range) and maybe get some better dope on my sticks and loads. Take care! DT in MT
Come on down. I have some testing to do with 300 RIM, 300 win mag and 6.5 PRC. If the snow ever stops. Think today is last day of snow for a few days 🙄

Last edited:
I should have known that whatever Remington says is 6 mm is actually .243"😁
What I remember was that Remington made their .244 with a 1 in 12 twist. Would only shoot 80 gr. Well. Then the went to 1 in 10 I think and called it 6mm Rem.. I had one in BDL. It got away from me but last week I traded a buddy a mini 14 for a Rem. 700 ADL in 243 ,perfect condition, a bipod, 4 boxes of factory ammo, set of new tire chains, two reclining chairs in great shape . I think I got a fair deal. He got some mags with it I have 4 AR's. Mini 14 is cool but ? I got it for $200 2 years ago from a lady selling a bunch of guns cause her husband died. I won't mention all that I got but one was a brand new in box Rem. 1100 shotgun for $200. ,😳

Last edited:
My x wife always told me don't drink and text. On thing she was correct on. I'd read next day what I send to people and say what...? 🙄
3CAE13EA-76A2-442C-82F8-85405F49EA38.png

View attachment 361144
Well after my short stay here and being perfectly sober for the moment, I will say this. Some of you should only be holding a firearm when the guide hands it to you and says shoot that animal that is 50 yards over there, while it is standing perfectly still, and after the shot hand it back to the guide.

Last edited: