Retumbo or H1000 for 300 PRC

EASTORPRC300

I just got my 300 PRC from the gunsmith that built it. I am going to shoot 212 gr. ELDX bullets through it. Which powder does everyone like better. Retumbo or H1000? I have both.

RL 26 works good in mine. Lot more velocity than H1000. I will try some Retumbo some day just to see how it works .

I'm running H1000 in mine with the 212 eld-x and getting great groups. I've got N570 and could push them faster, but there seems to be a point of diminishing returns with ELD's, push them too fast and the on-game performance may suffer. I'm saving the N570 for monolithic's.

I tested H1000 and N570 in mine and they shot well but didn't have the speed. RL26 was a completely different outcome. Lots of speed with lower SD's along with more of a push than a snap during recoil. In today's climate though you will have to use what you can find and make the best of it.

If those are the 2 powders you have on hand, I would probably suggest Retumbo. H1000 would do just fine for you too, but Retumbo should get you a little more velocity. Ideally, I would say test them both and see which one works best for your needs, but with powder supplies the way they are these days I wouldn't blame you a bit if you don't want to waste powder doing that.

RL 26 works good in mine. Lot more velocity than H1000. I will try some Retumbo some day just to see how it works .

I tested H1000 and N570 in mine and they shot well but didn't have the speed. RL26 was a completely different outcome. Lots of speed with lower SD's along with more of a push than a snap during recoil. In today's climate though you will have to use what you can find and make the best of it.
What kinda velocities with which bullets are y'all getting. Curious because I've got an 8lber of 26 I'm wanting to purpose

Either one will work depending on what bullet and barrel length you are running. I wouldn't get stuck on the 212eldx unless you have a bunch of them on hand.... there are much better bullets out there.
It's a 26" barrel plus break. 1:10 twist. Mainly used for hunting but playing some with shooting steel out to 1000 yds. I thought about trying Berger's as well. Depending on how eldx's do.