300 PRC load development

loghome

I have a Christian arms 300 PRC carbon fiber barrel 1-8 twist. I'm getting ready to work out a load for it. I already have h1000 powder Fed 215 magnum primers and berger 210 gen vld bullets. I was wondering if anyone has worked out a load with this yet. And I have Hornady brass that's all I could find. From what I heard that may not have been the best choice but I didn't have much choice. Any information would be appreciated thanks.

H1000 is gold these days, I'd use it if any was available. My PRC load is 77.0 gr Retumbo, 215M, Hornady brass, topped with 230 A-Tips. 3.7 coal gets 2890 with single digit sd. 28" 1:8 Bartlien. Shoots great at 1800yds and claims supersonic past 2k. You should do well with your combo.

Thanks I know things are hard to find around here. I bought the gun and I couldn't find brass and finally mid south shouter got hornady brass in. That's all I could find so I got 400 cases. I already had the powder I use that in my 338 Lapua. I have over 2,000 primers and I had the bullets I use those in my 300 win mag also. Thanks for the info I think I'm going to load up a few and get started. I tried googling finding load charts or something I didn't make out very well.

Hodgdon has load data for 212 gr ELDX on their site using Hornady brass and 1-8.5 24" barrel. Berger is great about giving load data if you contact them. I'm using H1000 in a 300WBY, it is one of the most consistent powders I've used for working up loads.

Thanks I did send an email to Berger I'm hoping to get a reply tomorrow. I haven't had time to do any loading yet to even try the gun. Thanks for the info.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.