Removing lettering on savage action

MuleyhunterNM

I'm with Ronald Schaefer, why would you do that? I own several Savages as do my wife and 2 daughters, all of our Savage rifles produce MOA. I am a proud owner of several Savage rifles and several others of different makes and models, they each have a sweet spot and I'm proud to own them! I'm just saying I dont understand the need to deface a productive rifle!

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
Buck, LRI does do great work, you are not wrong there, they just won't flute a Savage bolt. I don't understand why, I've been doing them for years. They are harder material and wear tooling faster but the answer is to charge accordingly.
That would have been an acceptable explanation, better than nothing at all.

midnightmalloy

I'm with Ronald Schaefer, why would you do that? I own several Savages as do my wife and 2 daughters, all of our Savage rifles produce MOA. I am a proud owner of several Savage rifles and several others of different makes and models, they each have a sweet spot and I'm proud to own them! I'm just saying I dont understand the need to deface a productive rifle!
Your comment is a case of you thinking you know my motivation for removing the “Savage” lettering on the bolt body. I prefer a slick clean looking rifle. I would never put a sticker on my truck of a brand I like or a sticker on my rifles. My motivation is not that I’m “not proud,” or anything like that, to own a savage. I asked a simple question on how to remove the lettering, if you don’t know how to do it or have a constructive comment on the subject then keep it to yourself.

midnightmalloy

Thanks for all the good comments. So it looks like the options are:
1. beadblast/sandblast the bolt body and ceracoat/duracoat it
2. Flute the bolt
3. Buy a new bolt body

appreciate it.

MuleyhunterNM

Your comment is a case of you thinking you know my motivation for removing the “Savage” lettering on the bolt body. I prefer a slick clean looking rifle. I would never put a sticker on my truck of a brand I like or a sticker on my rifles. My motivation is not that I’m “not proud,” or anything like that, to own a savage. I asked a simple question on how to remove the lettering, if you don’t know how to do it or have a constructive comment on the subject then keep it to yourself.

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
Thanks for all the good comments. So it looks like the options are:
1. beadblast/sandblast the bolt body and ceracoat/duracoat it
2. Flute the bolt
3. Buy a new bolt body

appreciate it.
1 and 2 are what I have done on my original response. For your #3 consideration, "if" your time and budget allow...

CaptnC

20200211_181858.jpg

He mentioned the Glade bolt handle...I added one myself. Nice upgrade for $68.00...still don't have my Savage Shooters bolt sleeve...pain in the rear to order from them...

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce