Removing lettering on savage action

I'm with Ronald Schaefer, why would you do that? I own several Savages as do my wife and 2 daughters, all of our Savage rifles produce MOA. I am a proud owner of several Savage rifles and several others of different makes and models, they each have a sweet spot and I'm proud to own them! I'm just saying I dont understand the need to deface a productive rifle!

I'm with Ronald Schaefer, why would you do that? I own several Savages as do my wife and 2 daughters, all of our Savage rifles produce MOA. I am a proud owner of several Savage rifles and several others of different makes and models, they each have a sweet spot and I'm proud to own them! I'm just saying I dont understand the need to deface a productive rifle!

Your comment is a case of you thinking you know my motivation for removing the "Savage" lettering on the bolt body. I prefer a slick clean looking rifle. I would never put a sticker on my truck of a brand I like or a sticker on my rifles. My motivation is not that I'm "not proud," or anything like that, to own a savage. I asked a simple question on how to remove the lettering, if you don't know how to do it or have a constructive comment on the subject then keep it to yourself.

Thanks for all the good comments. So it looks like the options are:
1. beadblast/sandblast the bolt body and ceracoat/duracoat it
2. Flute the bolt
3. Buy a new bolt body

appreciate it.

Your comment is a case of you thinking you know my motivation for removing the "Savage" lettering on the bolt body. I prefer a slick clean looking rifle. I would never put a sticker on my truck of a brand I like or a sticker on my rifles. My motivation is not that I'm "not proud," or anything like that, to own a savage. I asked a simple question on how to remove the lettering, if you don't know how to do it or have a constructive comment on the subject then keep it to yourself.

20200211_181858.jpg

He mentioned the Glade bolt handle...I added one myself. Nice upgrade for $68.00...still don't have my Savage Shooters bolt sleeve...pain in the rear to order from them...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.