Savage Axis Action

Maq Attaq

I was given a savage axis in 3006. How does this action differ from some of the other savage actions? Can action be used for a build? any input is appreciated.

Thanks

I have a axis2 xp in 270 win and shoot pretty good as is. I have heard something odd about removing the old barrel and needing to use compressed air to keep some kind of factory material out of the threads during barrel swap. The recoil lug is in the stock, not a part of the action. Boyds has stocks and it comes with a recoil lug. The axis short and long action is the same, it is just the magazine that is different sized ( by 1/4 inch or so.?). one of the two bolt head locking lugs is the same and one is about half the size of the savage 110 bolt head locking lugs. The barrel threads are a tad different than the 110, but I think is not hard to work around. I think it is a matter of how deep the V of thread is cut. The axis has a flat spot on the ejection port, left side of a right hand rifle, that looks like a good place to engrave your girlfriends name...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts