300wm savage axis or t/c venture??

Was not trying to downplay the TC...just never owned/shot one. I have only owned savages, brownings and Remingtons. In fact the worst shooter of the bunch with factory loads was a high dollar remington 700. I couldnt get the thing to shoot any factory loads better than 1.5MOA but I have recently worked up a reload with TTSX shooting under 1 MOA all day long, some groups close to .5MOA. Savages have always shot well for me with factory ammo so when someone asks me which factory rifle gives highest chance for out of the box accuracy on a budget I always refer them to savage 10/110.

I am definitely by no means an expert lol but I have owned quite a few savages. Only shot out to 300 yards with them but it was very easy for me to find factory loads shooting sub MOA for those rifles.

Sorry, I meant to highlight it as ...

Personally I wouldnt go with either...as an other comment said I would try and save for a savage 10, 110, 11, 11...etc. All great shooters and try to get one with accustock BUT if you really cant afford any of those id go for the savage axis.

... but got carried away and forgot it! :cool:

I can't argue with Savage's accuracy out of the box!

Sorry, I meant to highlight it as ...

... but got carried away and forgot it! :cool:

I can't argue with Savage's accuracy out of the box!

ahh I see...yeah maybe saying that was a little strong, I just meant that if I had 300-400 bucks for a savage axis, id rather save up 200-300 more for the savage 10/110.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.