Savage axis issue

I had the same problem with the AT-One, but with a Browning X-Bolt. I don't remember if it was binding when I received it out of the box, but the barrel wasn't floated and had some pressure points I didn't like. I took it to a "gunsmith" to have it bedded. Terrible job. First thing I noticed was the binding with the bolt. So he just loosens the rear lug screw a bunch...see, all better now. Wrong answer. Took it to another "reputable" gunsmith who completely re-did the bedding job and everything is perfect now. Somehow that rear lug screw was the issue with the bolt binding up. Nothing to do with the ammo or being dirty.

Update on this situation. I'm thinking possible issue with that one box of ammo. Got new ammo (fed in blue box) and gun is working fine no issues front action screw is tight. I did clean it but did not find anything that Indicated debris in chamber. Had one cartridge close a little tight but it ejected no problem. Some say these rifles are crap. If I could put pics up from yesterday it will easily be at 1/2 in at 100 I pulled 3 shot and it went ugly but deff at .5 if not messing up 3 shot. I will be changing the magazine catch to the machined aluminum the plastic one definitely not impressed with

I will say kind of second guessing getting the AT-ONE stock due to the recoil pad is very thin and even in .308 it can get bit brutal. Boyd's offers thicker pads for this stock for $22 each just not sure if it b.c. will take away having adjustable stock all together. Daughters doing well with them, so today going to do some prone shooting and if of shooting stick. Plus burn some powder with .22'250 and my 7mm rm I got that will be a project in progress.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.