Remove Mfg Address From Action

A Remington 700 that was machined nice and true, with an integral lug, integral scope bases, one piece bolt with an integral handle, an .062" firing pin, and an anti bind rail would accommodate my taste.

Most of those features are missing from a Borden action.

Well now you've gone from wanting to slightly modify an action by taking the name off of it (slabbing) to basically wanting an entirely new action built?

Good luck.

Well now you've gone from wanting to slightly modify an action by taking the name off of it (slabbing) to basically wanting an entirely new action built?

Good luck.
Actually i'm not wanting to slab it or take that name off of it. I'm wanting to slightly modify it and relocate the address. Then it will be exactly like the one I described.

But I would be willing to buy another one built that way if one was available.

I can only give advice on things like this. Everyone will do what they want or can do.Its like the 5 time robber, he only becomes a felon when he gets caught.

I once gave a co worker some advice when he complained about breaking his arm in 3 places and ask what he could do. I simply told him to "Stay out of those places"o_O.

It is a very gray area and depending on the agent, it could be a long process and great loss. No modification that is not clear to everyone in the rule books is worth the potential problems. If I don,t know that something is perfectly legal I avoid doing it.

I would recommend buying a custom action with the features that you want, not modifying a commercial action and steer clear of any gray area.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

Screenshot_20190513-175252.png

After some more searching, I believe relocating the city and state would be allowed. And like some have said, it would require that permission be asked and granted with a letter. My opinion is based on this paragraph from the ATF rules..
The Director may authorize other means of identification upon receipt of a letter application from you, submitted in duplicate, showing that such other identification is reasonable and will not hinder the effective administration of this part.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.