remington american wilderness rifle vs build

wc870

Looking to see if someone out there has one of the new remington awr rifles, this is not the alaskan wilderness but the american wilderness. I'm on the fence because i already own a win m70 push feed in 300 win mag that i currently use as the go to elk gun, but its lacking in the accuracy department. the " build " if i go that way would be true that m70, Mcmillan stock, 26" krieger barrel, cerikote (its blued, whats left of it!)
The remington seems pretty cool https://www.remington.com/rifles/bolt-action/model-700/model-700-american-wilderness-rifle

I'd just hat to spend the money on the remmy to find out its not a shooter. i would get the Remington in 300 wm as well. shots will most likely be under 600 yds prob most in the 400 yd range
thanks in advance

Lacking in the accuracy dept enough to miss the vital killing area of an elk ??? What happened to the rifling ??? I never heard or saw any bolt gun that inaccurate considering your shooting at a beach ball. Heck, just go buy any el- cheappo bolt gun, they will all do that...

Looking to see if someone out there has one of the new remington awr rifles, this is not the alaskan wilderness but the american wilderness. I'm on the fence because i already own a win m70 push feed in 300 win mag that i currently use as the go to elk gun, but its lacking in the accuracy department. the " build " if i go that way would be true that m70, Mcmillan stock, 26" krieger barrel, cerikote (its blued, whats left of it!)
The remington seems pretty cool https://www.remington.com/rifles/bolt-action/model-700/model-700-american-wilderness-rifle

I'd just hat to spend the money on the remmy to find out its not a shooter. i would get the Remington in 300 wm as well. shots will most likely be under 600 yds prob most in the 400 yd range
thanks in advance

If you're budget is around $1,150 MSRP, then I suggest picking up a pawnshop 700 ADL or BDL for $250-350 and build! Or use that M70 action and build on it.

could just go buy a cz ultimate hunting rifle in 300 wm and put a scope on it. put some good ammo in it and kill elk as far as you could accurately shoot one and never look back!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.