Remington american hunter rifles

For the cost of admission, I'm going Browning or Savage all day long. I used to be a huge fan of the 700. From some of the comments above it would appear that a lot of you feel my pain.

I looked @ Remington but saw no info on the base metal of rifle. Just the fact it was ceracoted. Do they use stainless actions and barrels or just paint the ones that would have been blued?

Just read the article in the American Hunter. They lost me when the article indicated it was only chambered in 6.5 Crudmore. What a JOKE!!!!! If it was chambered in a REAL cartridge, classic 30-06 then they might have a chance at my pocketbook. In such a worthless caliber, NOT A CHANCE.

It sounds to me like American Hunter magazine has contracted with Remington to make a special offering. This is frequently done as a marketing effort on someone's part. It is not a new Remington rifle, it is American Hunter putting their stamp on a Remington rifle.

They say it has better tolerances due to new machining, but I am guessing that is not unique to this edition of the rifle -- every new Remington will have these same better tolerances.

I would rather just buy a new Remington than give American Hunter free advertising every time I take my rifle out of its case.

For that price, they can keep it. Several years ago,I bought a T/C Venture. It has 5r rifling. this .223 shoots great, At 400.00 new. I will shoot against any 1,000 plus rifle out of the box.

For that price I could buy a wal mart remington, order a good barrel, Timney trigger and a different stock, build it myself, have about the same dollar amount in it but it would really shoot. If I have a rifle that only shoots 1 MOA I don't take it hunting!

$1300 + change in Usd /// way above that in Cnd funds

Fat chance that I'd drop $16 to $17 hund for a 20" barreled rifle,,, I bought back my Remmy SPS for $400 hundred Cnd funds /// $315 Usd,,, hack-saw 4" off the barrel,,, Trem-Clad Green paint and off to the races... Ha...

Actually the SPS rifles are pretty light and fast to swing with the factory 23" 1/2 sporter pipe in 308 shooting 180gr boolitz...

And the SPS's come with a rubber stock and garbage trigger too. LOL.

Buddy felt bad about the gun swap, so he threw in a Leopold 3x9-40mm Rifleman optic with/ Leopold 20 moa 1 peace rail in the buy back package...

Funny thing is that I get to shoot the barrel off it since there is 400 rounds down the pipe,,, and I have a Left over Factory heavy barrel when the time comes...

Looks like I've saved $1300 ish Cnd funds and basically a free chunk of glass...

Time to find another used match grade target trigger I guess...

Yuppers, it's a buyers market on rifles up here in the North...

It'll probably shoot OK. A 6.5 anything/by anyone, should be sub moa. Remington's 5R barrels are supposed to be decent shooters. No way I'd buy that Remington custom gibberish talk. You don't get a reputation for having the worst quality control in the business by putting out custom quality guns. Add replacement trigger right on to the purchase price. Can't say that I'd enjoy a magazine logo on my rifle. For $1000, I'd just as soon see my own name on it.

Basing a bad review of a rifle, any rifle without actually holding one and firing one doesn't make sense to me. Yes past experiences do count for something, but to make a blanket statement just doesn't make sense to me.

Yes, haters are out in full force today.

"Manz, for dat price I'll just head on down to wal Mart, buy mes one of dem 700 sucksps, throw it on mys mills, spins on a barrel, cutz down a tree for da stock, buildz my owns trigger, and boom 10,000 yard bench gun for three fiddy dollas."

"Remingtons are crap."

"Remington triggers kill people."

"300whisper is trolling."

Wait who typed that last one?! Lol

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.