Remington 700 Long Range M40 stock

I just pick up one of these chambered in the 300 ultra mag, with a vortex viper pst scope and was pretty impressed with the rifle. I only weigh 130 ibs and recoil is very manageable. I purchased two boxes of nosler trophy grade ammo with 180 grain accubonds to break in the barrel and see what it would do for groups. With a four shot group, the first shot to foul up the barrel the following three shots were almost a single bullets hole. Overall I'd say it's a nice rifle especially for the price!

Attachments

• IMAG0378_1.jpg
    IMAG0378_1.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMAG0381.jpg
    IMAG0381.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 132
Just picked me up one in stainless (2nd time 300RUM). Already have the brass and dies. The quality of this Remmy is better than the ones I had in the past! I really like this M40 stock. Now to decide what optic and if I should take it to the Smithy to have the barrel threaded for a brake, before I start load development? Only the 200gr and up projectiles will be shot out this rifle.gun)

I didn't worry about the recall and the $hite non-adjustable X-Mark trigger. I ordered a Rifle Basix 3.5# before the first shot, which is a solid trigger.

There was recall?

Oh, I was hoping to put my old factory barrel on and do a recall for that. The trigger recall wasn't helpful to me. The x mark pro was fine. Safe...and worked ok. I'm not one to do trigger jobs unless I'm having a hard time tighting up like a 1/8 moa spread or something. Truth is 1/4 moa spread is fine with me for hunting and most other applications. I don't waste that much time and money with every rifle I own to make it tuned to shoot a hole through a hole at 100y/m.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.