Remington 700 Long Range 7mm Rem Mag

I just picked one up in a 300. Im still early in the load development process . I'm pleased so far other than the trigger. I just adjusted mine down to 2 1/2 lbs but I had to adjust the front screw on the trigger housing to get it there. Doing this will void your warranty. I haven't tried it since the adjustment because it won't stop raining here.

Does anyone have one of these? if so how is the accuracy? Uprgrades will probably be a HS Precision stock, timney trigger, glass bedding, and cerakote.

Remington® Model 700™ Long-Range Bolt-Action Rifles : Cabela's

Why would you change the stock? IMHO the Bell and Carlson stock it will come with is way nice me than the HS precision. Every HS precision I've seen and shot has a stupid palm swell that is awful. Also the forends on the majority of the HS precisions are way to beefy/round. I would bed it in the Bell and Carlson and get a really nice trigger. Good luck! Let us know how it shoots when you get it!!

Why would you change the stock? IMHO the Bell and Carlson stock it will come with is way nice me than the HS precision. Every HS precision I've seen and shot has a stupid palm swell that is awful. Also the forends on the majority of the HS precisions are way to beefy/round. I would bed it in the Bell and Carlson and get a really nice trigger. Good luck! Let us know how it shoots when you get it!!

i personally like the HS stock. ive owned both and i like the hs a little more i think.

I just picked one up in a 300. Im still early in the load development process . I'm pleased so far other than the trigger. I just adjusted mine down to 2 1/2 lbs but I had to adjust the front screw on the trigger housing to get it there. Doing this will void your warranty. I haven't tried it since the adjustment because it won't stop raining here.

what kind of groups are you getting?

i personally like the HS stock. ive owned both and i like the hs a little more i think.

Oh well that's the only reason you need then to swap out stocks. The way you view Hs Is how I view BC. It should be a shooter once you get it set up regardless.

I have both HS Precision and B&C Medalist stocks. If properly bedded both brands can be very accurate. The HS Precision is a stiffer stock, as far as actual rigidity goes, but both are made very well. Of all of the ones listed above, I prefer the old HS Precision Sendero stocks that had no palmswell. They are the most comfortable for hunting and bench shooting, IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.