Remington 700 Long Range 300 RUM

Thanks everyone for the advice.
However I am going to have to eat my words on " never had good precision with ELDX".
20190203_144005.jpg
did a short seating depth test at 200 yards today.

Thanks everyone for the advice.
However I am going to have to eat my words on " never had good precision with ELDX".View attachment 120852 did a short seating depth test at 200 yards today.

Two years ago, I tried the 200 ELDX in my 300 RUM Sendero, and I was very impressed with their groupings. Consistent Ragged holes at 100, and 3/8 moa at 200. I used them in a mile shoot, and they performed well. Yet for experience and confidence reasons, I am remaining with my Bonded bullets for elk hunting, but one day, I may try them out on an elk.

Two years ago, I tried the 200 ELDX in my 300 RUM Sendero, and I was very impressed with their groupings. Consistent Ragged holes at 100, and 3/8 moa at 200. I used them in a mile shoot, and they performed well. Yet for experience and confidence reasons, I am remaining with my Bonded bullets for elk hunting, but one day, I may try them out on an elk.
Yep, I really like the 190gr Nosler ABLR. I Wanted to try them but can't find any at all. They supposed have the same (revised) BC as the 200 ELDX.

Hey, if you guys have never tried a Timney Calvin Elite I highly recommend it !!! Just installed mine...Wow! Has to be as good as my Jewel triggers.
I'm sending the Timney 510 back.

I have a Rem. 300 RUM SPS. I did a lot of expirmenting with it. Got tired of the recoil, put a brake on it. That helped a lot. I was getting a few 3/4" groups with 168 Berger's. Then I started a forum 300 RUM long range rifle. From that point on I listened to the guys that have been there. Put a Bell & Carlson n/m 40, a timney trigger. Both of them helped a lot. Next came miticulate brass prep & sorting by weight same for bullets. Final ace was getting the sweetspot off the lands. It now shoots a 1/2 MOA consistent out to 700 yards, refer to picture below. I used 89 grains Retumbo, Berger 210, fed match mag primers. But you must work up your own load best for your rifle. Good luck in what ever direction you go.

Attachments

• 6D69E927-1605-4CEA-AAE3-23788DB24B84.jpeg
    6D69E927-1605-4CEA-AAE3-23788DB24B84.jpeg
    613 KB · Views: 261
I've been running 208 eld-m with 88.5 gr 8133 seems to be pretty accurate running close to 3000 fps with an SD of 8.5 and an es of 22. Haven't been able to find any retumbo to try.

No, thinking REAL hard about the 208gr ELDM.
Not sure if they'd be a sure thing on bull elk.
I loaded up some :
- 200gr. ELD-X -
- 89gr. - Retumbo
- 3,000fps - .626 B.C.

I seat them by the book C.O.L. 3.595 - 3.600
The book does'nt go over 3.600 C.O.L

This load is more than enough for anything bigger than a Deer.
My Neighbor uses H1000 and he really likes it.
( Ref. Hornady 10th edition )

Last edited:
I had one I played with for awhile , tried some heavy bullets in it and they shot pretty good but then tried the 150 ttsx to see how fast I could shoot them and they were unreal for accuracy.
600 yards was the farthest I shot them and they would shoot about 2" groups at 3675fps. I ended up trading it for a lighter gun shortly after that.

I had one I played with for awhile , tried some heavy bullets in it and they shot pretty good but then tried the 150 ttsx to see how fast I could shoot them and they were unreal for accuracy.
600 yards was the farthest I shot them and they would shoot about 2" groups at 3675fps. I ended up trading it for a lighter gun shortly after that.

I don't think I would ever give mine up,. It's my .30 caliber go to gun, I Reload everything for it : 150gr. FMJ-BT,
165gr. SST, 180gr SST, 180gr SBT-GK and 200gr ELD-X ...
I kept my Remington 750 - 30-06 and I'm planning on getting a 30-30 Lever Action but other than that I don't plan on getting any other 30 Cal.'s.
I will be working up reloads for my Grandsons .243 Winchester, my Granddaughters 7mm-08 Remington and I have a Remington 700 in 7mm Remington Magnum on order that I'm looking forward to reloading for. ..
So it looks like I will be doing a lot of reloading during the winter here and going out to the Target Range when the weather is good. Happy Target Shooting and Reloading to all.