Remington 700 Long Range 300 RUM

So... here's an update.
I think I'm almost done with load development.

Shot from a hunting bag at 200 yards.
20190307_145446.jpg
The 200 ELDX load I posted earlier was unrepeatable!!!!!!!!! I call this phenomenon, "Phantom Glory," so I moved on to 200gr Accubonds and Reloder 33. Very consistent from day to day. I think around half MOA ain't bad for a hammer forged factory barrel.

I noticed that too. I Devcon 10110 bedded the action and torqued it to 50 in/lb.

Possibly due to my positioning on the hunting bullbag. This is the bag I hunt with in my bean field blind. I prefer to do all my load development and shooting as close to hunting conditions as possible.

I bedded 1" of the barrel tenon in front of the recoil lug... might relieve it to fully free float the barrel.

I wait till the barrel is fully cool before the next shot. This being a hammer forged barrel it's nothing but stressed anyway. Lol.

Just checked my previous targets, that's the only other example like that. Could have been the easterly wind behind the berm at 200 yards... didn't have my wind flag up today!!!
You can see where the zero is on the 100.0gr load compared to the 100.5 gr load.

Yeah. If you were behind the gun a little different that would do it too.
You could try putting a few more rounds though it in case it's trying to settle in your bedding.
If you take the barreled action back out and don't find anything obvious (light rub spot somewhere) maybe try 45 inch pounds and 55 inch pounds?

Sure looks like your load is still there,
If the 2 groups were in the same place!

I've actually had some good luck with some of the hammer forged barrels as far as accuracy. Always have a helluva time cleaning them though...
LOL!

This is my favorite 100yd-200yd Load.
....... 300 R.U.M ....
..... 180gr. S.S.T. ....
........ H4831sc .....
........ 3,000fps .......
.... Rem. 9 1/2M ...
IMG_20190219_102125089.jpg
I Like to keep my groups at 3"-6" high for this Range.

Did you guys get a Wyatt's extended mag box?
Did you feel necessary to brake it?, I looked at the recoil pad and it seemed pretty good.
Are these really hammer forged barrels? Not a big fan.

I put a Wyatts on mine with centerfeed box. Gives you 2 rounds in the magazine and feeds perfectly. Downside is you have to load it through the bottom. Works for me.

This is my favorite 100yd-200yd Load.
....... 300 R.U.M ....
..... 180gr. S.S.T. ....
........ H4831sc .....
........ 3,000fps .......
.... Rem. 9 1/2M ...
View attachment 125837 I Like to keep my groups at 3"-6" high for this Range.
Nice target. My question is, that's kind of a granny speed for 180gr in the 300RUM, when factory Rem 180 Nos Part. do mid 3300fps. Are you on slower barrel saving accuracy node, just asking?

...or are you running an un-braked rifle?

Nice target. My question is, that's kind of a granny speed for 180gr in the 300RUM, when factory Rem 180 Nos Part. do mid 3300fps. Are you on slower barrel saving accuracy node, just asking?

...or are you running an un-braked rifle?
Im baffled. o_O

Your right you can take that bullet and go a lot faster but if you notice on my post the load is only for 100yds - 200yds and I'm only using 82.6gr of powder any more than that to me would be overkill and a waste of powder at that Range.

The Load I have for Long Range is :

200gr. ELD-X
93.6gr - Retumbo
3,150fps.