Remington 700 Long Range 300 RUM

What bullet are you guys loading?
Being a 10 twist and hunting from 400 to 7000 my stability worst case scenario for stability is around 200 grains, (possibly 208 gr ELD match?)

I have 185 and 190 vld, 200 eldx, 180 BT that have been collecting dust for years... considering 200.20x Hybrid, or 190 ABLR.

As a factory rifle it's a crap shoot. I was in the same boat as you and decided on the sendero. Ive shot 165 interlocks, 190 gr nosler custom competition, horandy 208 eldm and 212 eldx, 210 vld's and 215 hybrids. The best groups are with 190's and the 215's. I've shot plenty of groups in the .3, .4 but even the best loads have a hard time staying moa for 5 shots consistently. My best load is 215 hybrid with h4831sc and a CCI 200. .7-1moa out to 1000 usually. This barrel just isn't consistent like I'd hoped. I've tried h4831sc, h1000, and retumbo. I've got the rifle bedded and a timney put in. I've put around 5-600 rnds down the tube and have had fun doing so. I'm getting a bartlein barrel and will have it put on and will turn this rifle into what I'd hoped it was going to be all along. I have no regrets as I knew what I was doing and the action is butter and I like the stock alot.

I purchased a 700 Long Range a couple years ago when they were first brought out. Mine was in .300 Win Mag and the only thing I did to it was adjust the trigger and skim bedded it with Devcon. It consistently shot everything into .6-1 MOA, adveraged 3/4 MOA with everything from 175-220gr bullets. I wasn't as experienced at the time and didn't really have my load development methods down, but it shot decent for a factory rifle. The factory barrel fouled really badly, and I couldn't get ES any lower than 25. I decided to just rebarrel it and now it's a .308 Norma Mag that shoots bug holes, never fouls, and is 150fps than the Win Mag, I guess that's what a Bartlein will do though :D

Does anyone have personal experience with this model? I'm assuming it is a carbon steel barrel or should I assume it's chrome molly? Just wondering if it's worth the $ or should I save up for another Sendero in 300 RUM.
Anything positive or negative is appreciate .

Carbon steel barrel.
Worth the money = roll the dice.
First, don't buy the rifle unless it's in front of you and you can inspect it.
What to look for:
Centered barrel in stock, equal space between barrel and stock, down length of barrel and stock.
Bolt cycles smoothly, with no timing issues, or rough spots. (Typically burrs)
Pay close attention to bolt handle silver soldered to bolt body straight.
Also, ensure bolt engages extraction cam on back of receiver.

If all this is OK, the only other things that could be wrong that you won't be able to tell at the gun counter is rough chamber causing hard extraction, and rough barrel bore causing copper fouling.

You can dodge the rough barrel if you get it in stainless, guess it machines better...

I bought one 700 LR a few years back counting a little too heavily on previous good luck with Remington, that had crooked bolt handle, no extraction timing, rough chamber, and burrs that would hang up the bolt.
I polished bolt and receiver, had a gunsmith try to polish chamber, and still had cases sticking. Ended up with a custom build on that one, and now it's one of my most accurate 300 win mags. A close second is my Sendero SF2 in 300 win mag with nothing done but a Timney trigger.

I do prefer the B&C stock on the LR over the H&S precision on the Sendero. Just fits me better.

You can get a good one, no doubt, I signed up for the same abuse twice for a 700 LR in 30-06, and I got a good one. Love that gun.

Anyway, good luck whichever way you go!

Up and running.
20190131_102956.jpg
took her out for some barrel break-in today. Loaded a few 200 ELD-X with Ramshot Magnum up to 95gr which clocked at 3127 fps at 7° F.
The barrel looks very good under borescope! Way better than some factory Savage barrels I've seen lately, I'm sure hammer forging is to thank vs non lapped button rifling. At home I cleaned to bare metal, this barrel does not collect copper hardly at all.
I've never had good precision with the ELDX but loaded some up with Retumbo to try tomorrow.

Carbon steel barrel.
Worth the money = roll the dice.
First, don't buy the rifle unless it's in front of you and you can inspect it.
What to look for:
Centered barrel in stock, equal space between barrel and stock, down length of barrel and stock.
Bolt cycles smoothly, with no timing issues, or rough spots. (Typically burrs)
Pay close attention to bolt handle silver soldered to bolt body straight.
Also, ensure bolt engages extraction cam on back of receiver.

If all this is OK, the only other things that could be wrong that you won't be able to tell at the gun counter is rough chamber causing hard extraction, and rough barrel bore causing copper fouling.

You can dodge the rough barrel if you get it in stainless, guess it machines better...

I bought one 700 LR a few years back counting a little too heavily on previous good luck with Remington, that had crooked bolt handle, no extraction timing, rough chamber, and burrs that would hang up the bolt.
I polished bolt and receiver, had a gunsmith try to polish chamber, and still had cases sticking. Ended up with a custom build on that one, and now it's one of my most accurate 300 win mags. A close second is my Sendero SF2 in 300 win mag with nothing done but a Timney trigger.

I do prefer the B&C stock on the LR over the H&S precision on the Sendero. Just fits me better.

You can get a good one, no doubt, I signed up for the same abuse twice for a 700 LR in 30-06, and I got a good one. Love that gun.

Anyway, good luck whichever way you go!
Remington can do the best when they want to.

Up and running.View attachment 120510 took her out for some barrel break-in today. Loaded a few 200 ELD-X with Ramshot Magnum up to 95gr which clocked at 3127 fps at 7° F.
The barrel looks very good under borescope! Way better than some factory Savage barrels I've seen lately, I'm sure hammer forging is to thank vs non lapped button rifling. At home I cleaned to bare metal, this barrel does not collect copper hardly at all.
I've never had good precision with the ELDX but loaded some up with Retumbo to try tomorrow.

That's nice!!!

Got to 3254 fps with 200gr ELDX & Retumbo ,sub MOA at 200 yards. Just fire forming brass waiting for my 200.20X Hybrids to get here.