remington 700 5r or 700p in 300 win mag? HELP

I have to go with the masses here. The 5r is a fantastic factory rifle. I'd say that for the $150 difference the 5r is the way to go.

If you are using this mainly for hunting out to 600 yards, I'd probably go with something more along the lines of a 4-16 instead of a 6-24. Same scope Mud mentioned or a Viper PST could even be had for a little less than that 6-24 HS-T.

If you are using this mainly for hunting out to 600 yards, I'd probably go with something more along the lines of a 4-16 instead of a 6-24. Same scope Mud mentioned or a Viper PST could even be had for a little less than that 6-24 HS-T.

I'm all for saving some money, but if I did ever want to go out further I would have to go with his. Also I believe the 4-16 is a second focal plane rather than a first. I think the 6-24 is the winner. Thank you for responding!

I'm all for saving some money, but if I did ever want to go out further I would have to go with his. Also I believe the 4-16 is a second focal plane rather than a first. I think the 6-24 is the winner. Thank you for responding!

The link he posted was for a second focal plane scope as well. The only reason I suggest a 4-16 is because on the lower end, it is much better for hunting. 16 power will also allow you to shoot well over 1,000 yards. Just my opinion.

If you are looking for a first focal plane scope, I would look at the PST lineup. They offer them in both first and second focal plane.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.