Remington 40X trigger.

kc

What makes the 40X trigger so great? I have stock Remington triggers that I have taken apart Re-built with wet emery cloth and they are out of sight, not a bit of creep.

They're great triggers. That's all there is to it.

The new X-Mark Pro triggers suck, so if you want a better trigger, but want a factory trigger, get a 40-X trigger.

After owning mostly older 700's with worked factory & 40-X triggers, the newer Rems with the X-Mark Pro triggers will immediately get removed and replaced by 40-X triggers or the old style before the X-Mark Pro came along.

My old 40XB has a 2 oz trigger, it was designed to be a target trigger, 700 triggers were not.

"Mike" Walker designed the 700 trigger to be an excellant big game hunting trigger that could be made at modest cost and he suceeded. Mike was a friend of mine and he said anyone trying to remove all creep and backlash or reducing the pull of his trigger to below 4# is asking for trouble; I believe him.

The biggest difference between the old style Remington triggers, that were adjustable, was that you could adjust the pull weight the 40X trigger without removing it from the stock. The weight adjustment screw was in front of the trigger inside the trigger guard.

If you are going to adjust any trigger, you should know what you are doing and test the trigger throughly before putting a round in the chamber.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts