Remembering the Older Days of Reloading/Shooting

Ha! I have a few brakes on pea shooters! Only to screw my can on,….. This thread brings me back to 1988,….. Ripe young age of 8 years old. My grandpa gave me an Possness Warren auto loader, bags of husks, shot, wads, couple pounds of titewad and hi score along with a couple hundred primers. With a quick lesson it was set up in my room. Used to go to Pintos in Kent to replenish supply with my allowance.

5 years later my dad ended up selling my set up to a friend of his cause I didn't need it he says,… I wasn't taking shotgun shooting serious enough,….. kind of hard to at that age when I couldn't drive,…. Been set up now for the past 20 years almost for various rifle and pistol calibers but still haven't got another shotgun set up. Still think my dad might come up just to sell it,… Funny thing is I have a set of 357 dies with a Ernst price tag on them @ 9.99. Thanks OP for this thread. Really put a smile on my face remembering when life was good and libtards were still in there mom's basement.

While taking count of the remaining bricks of LR and LRM primers on my shelves, I began to pay extra attention to various price labels on some of my older supplies, and while we all know how much our sport has inflated in recent years, these old price tags brought back memories and a sting of the current state of things. The box of 215 magnum primers I bought several years back from the LGS in a clearance sale, and yes, I paid $3 for 1,000 (original was $7.99) and it is still full. I bought similar bricks of older primers in SP, SR and LR, and they were all like new and have worked without issue. However, I decided to save several of those to keep in my collection.

There were many, many more items with price stickers that today make me laugh, so I thought I would just post a few so the younger crowd can see how it used to be once.

Part 2: Added a few powders and 338 bullets. The $5 can is an unopened 1lb of WW 540 and the $7.95 is a can of W 452AA. The Sierra 338 bullets really made me laugh at $5.69. Was I ever that young?
I feel terrible for your losses on that unstable reloading stuff!!! So terrible that I'll pay you triple your purchase price and shipping costs associated with it. Then we can both rest assured it'll be discarded safely and properly!!!

Now I had to go look, and we must have the same storage locker. I have 1000 box of CCI $7.95, H322 $6.95 and 2 lbs of ball power in paper bags. Even have a few boxes of paper shotgun shells(not sure when I picked those up). That was some better times.

Wow…..you must buy your reloading components at the "Antique Boutique" Reloader's Mercantile! 😂 memtb

Last edited:
Yep... 1964, Lee Loader in .38 Special, was the first reloading I ever did and at the time I thought I was pretty high speed. Here are a photo of another, unforturnetly I let mine go somewhere over the years, a month later I bought second one for a .22-250 which I still have, I was smart enough too keep that for nothing more than nostalgia... I sure do wish I had the first one back. Cheers

s-l640.jpg
I buy these fairly cheap at Estate auctions. I have 222 Rem Mag, 222 Rem, 243 Win, 7 RM, & few others. I also buy the old manuals & powders, bullets, primers, dies. So far all has turned into a great investment, at less than half the cost.

Recent Posts