Rem. TI Mountain Rifle rechamber

Lyons7STW

Ok opinions welcome
Lets say you had a Remington 700TI mountain rifle with excelent trigger(after some work) and a magna port muzzle break. Currently chambered in 30-06. So it is a long action but not a magnum bolt face. Any suggestions on a rechamber without a barrel swap? I am not opposed to opening up the bolt face.

I've always wanted a 7WSM on a Ti LA. 6.5-06 would work without any bolt work. If you did go to .540 bolt face, you could run almost any magnum chambering you wanted, along with a barrel swap. I don't know of any other .30 cal .470 bolt face LA cartridges.

Anybody ever tried a 3006 ackley imroved or something like that? I am not an experienced wildcatter so just thinkin out loud. Rolly gonna get flamed in a minute for not doin my research prior to posting.

The action you have is a great platform for a custom!! Think about it before spending money on a 45 dollar factory tube.

I was in the same situation this time last year. I went the 280AI route, it has shot smk, ttsx, and bt half moa with no load work. With some 168 bvld's it will reach out as far I would want to in a light rifle.

Attachments

• 280ai 3.JPG
    280ai 3.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 90
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.