Rem 700 LA extractor replacement

dfanonymous

I'm just going to start with this, if the only thing you can contribute is a sako extractor you can go eat a d!ck and I will ignore you.

Alright, extractor (rivet) broke sometime ago, finally got around to doing the replacement. Got it on, got it riveted. Its all good. just a little tight. So it push feeds, and if I force it, it will chamber. When I pull it a loaded or empty casing it works. It's too tight however to chamber. Any suggestions on how to tune it so it can get over the rim but not having to push it so hard?

chambered in .300 wm.

Most of the time it's the rivet end sticking out of the extracter hole on end of bolt. I just use a file to smooth it down and remove any burr, being careful to avoid finish, if possible. I avoid that type extractor.

Ok, I'll look at it, but I thought I deburred it pretty well and sanded it down. I'll try to grab in when I get home and relook it over. Maybe post a pic

If it's clean you have to much spring in it and need to push the extractor lip area in more but not to much. When I install them I get them working before riveting and the rivet just keeps them there. Odds are good you'll be cutting it out and starting over.

I used the and followed the directions from the brownells extractor kit. So I used the anvil and tried to best of my abilities to line up the rivet head with the legs. I don't know if that was what you where asking...
I think bigngreen is right, I should have played with the tension more before the rivet. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to change it now that it's all in without redoing it completely.

I'm just going to start with this, if the only thing you can contribute is a sako extractor you can go eat a d!ck and I will ignore you.

Alright, extractor (rivet) broke sometime ago, finally got around to doing the replacement. Got it on, got it riveted. Its all good. just a little tight. So it push feeds, and if I force it, it will chamber. When I pull it a loaded or empty casing it works. It's too tight however to chamber. Any suggestions on how to tune it so it can get over the rim but not having to push it so hard?

chambered in .300 wm.
Check it with a round coming up from mag. Might pick up the extractor better.