Reloading press

Here we go. Get out the popcorn!

My vote is RCBS Rockchucker. Mine's nearly 50 yrs old and still going strong!
My first press was the Rock Chucker, but I broke the handle out of it (cracked and split off the cast iron) trying to unstick WSM cases back before I knew what I was doing. Bought a 2nd one. This one's ram is ever so slightly off center. I learned to spin my shell holder where the opening is at about 2 o'clock and then leave the case about half way back. Forgetting to do this has led to some out of round (not concentric) necks and bullets, depending on whether I was sizing or seating. As long as I account for it, it's fine, but it is what it is.

My Rock Chucker came to me second hand, the PO was my boss at the gun shop. He told of wearing out, as-in nearly flame-cutting through the top strap of a long barreled (8-3/8"?) S&W Model 27. Told me that he kept every box flap from a large box of primers. ~50,000 mostly hot .357 Mag loads thru that revolver, every one of them loaded on what is now my RC. Ram has no more wiggle now than maybe a tiny bit more than would be needed for it to function.

That said, the Co-Ax has fascinated me for a while so I finally bought one. Need to get it on an Inline Fab QD plate and get it going.

I have a Hollywood Turret press and a Redding Big Boss. The Redding is set up for primers and Hollywood is for reloading. Both are awesome presses! I also have a Corbin S-Press on the way for bullet Swaging and is suppose to also double for a reloading press. Looking forward to trying it out soon.
Those Hollywood presses were great. Your post is the first I've seen on them. Had a H'wood single stage that, unfortunately I gave away about 20 years ago. Wish I still had it.

I've had three RCBS and one Hornady single stage press. They were all pretty good. I also have a Lee Handheld press, it's good for decaping or seating. Not great for FL sizing. But I like all of them, they have their good points and bad points.

Have you ever tried a Foster press? Depending on the operation, they have a very short handle that works wonderfully, and they have an extremely good power ratio. John
They like most (but not all presses are on BACK ORDER!
It seems as if the laws of supply and demand have once again reared their ugly over priced, inflated heads

What a bunch of girly boys ...I use Herters C press but have always lusted for the one which has two die side by side...now that is a man's press!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.