Reloading press

I save done concentricity tests with the different presses and the Forster is the best of the large presses.

Did you like your Forster when it was working well? Something is wrong with it, call Forster or email them. They have been very helpful to me resolving a die issue and communication has been good.

I am currently testing out a rock chucker Supreme, Big Boss ii, MEC marksman, and T7. All have given the exact same results. The MEC marksman is the smoothest and has very nice access. All of them work well though.

I had a RCBS RockChucker for 20 years, it was my first press and was second hand then.
Have had a Redding Big Boss II, RCBS Ammomaster, RCBS Turret and RCBS RockChucker Supreme.
Due to hand and shoulder issues, the Turret and Supreme press are all I use these days.
My Big Boss sits gathering dust, the throw of the handle is just too darn long for me and my shoulder fatigues within 10 minutes of use.
The Ammomaster was sold years ago.
I had a Lyman Orange Crusher I borrowed off a mate for several months when work took me interstate, it was a good press, albeit small in the window for cases like 375 Weatherby.

Cheers.
Are you trying to get rid of any of those? I'd like to get a Big Boss at some point.

I have a Hollywood Turret press and a Redding Big Boss. The Redding is set up for primers and Hollywood is for reloading. Both are awesome presses! I also have a Corbin S-Press on the way for bullet Swaging and is suppose to also double for a reloading press. Looking forward to trying it out soon.

I have a Rockchucker and it's a great press for the money. I got it maybe 13 years ago for Christmas and it's been making me pretty good quality ammo the whole time without missing a beat. The only issue I have is that the opening is a tad small for bigger stuff I even have a hard time with my 28 Nosler case and bullet fitting, I have to slide the bullet into the die then move the ram up. I'd rather not have to do that so much, that's why I'd like to get a Big Boss.

They're all good presses. A poor press wouldn't survive long in a very competitive market. I used to do heavy duty case forming on an RCBS Jr. without problem and it was a pretty light duty tool in comparison with many of the presses mentioned in these posts.

Can't go wrong with the RCBS Rock Chucker. I inherited my Dad's RCBS Model A, the Rock Chucker 4 - runner. Our family used it for over 50 years and I sold it to a nastolgia buff. I've had RCBS Jr and the Rock Chucker too. The Jr press is really a starter press. I'm currently using a Redding Big Boss, a MEC Marksman, a Forster Coax strictly for seating bullets with Redding Competition dies, a Hornady Lock-n-Load AP (not a fan!), and a Dillion 750 for pistol and small rifle AR feed. If I could only have one press, it would be the MEC. Very solid, open front for access and it has a floating shell holder for better alignment with the die. Love the Forster Coax for seating bullets, a must for producing concentric ammo for my precision long range shooting. Hard choice to leave the Redding off my keepers list. The Lock-n-Load AP is at my summer home for occasional use or it would be gone!

Good luck with your choice!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.