Tabletop Reloading Press

walters900

I need to do some hand loading, unfortunately I don't have a good space to permanently dedicate to hand loading right now. I was hoping to use a friend's press, but that's just not real convenient. So I was curious if anyone knew if there was a press that didn't have to be mounted to a bench or table, is there one out there I could just drop on a table and go? Thanks everyone for sharing any information.

I'm not sure if this would fit your needs or not, but a buddy of mine was wondering about one of these for reloading in an apartment. I have never used one so I can't say for sure how they would work, but it might fit the bill for now and later you would have a standard press when you have a permanent setup. If you're semi handy with woodworking you could probably build one.

https://www.sinclairintl.com/reload...es/sinclair-wooden-press-stand-prod37267.aspx

I just have mine on my bench with a couple of c clamps. I can take it off when not reloading and grow it back up in 10seconds. You could put a towel under it and it should be fine.

I just have mine on my bench with a couple of c clamps. I can take it off when not reloading and grow it back up in 10seconds. You could put a towel under it and it should be fine.

This ☝️ is how I started as well. Also, Lee makes a foldable tripod table to mount a press to.

when i started helping my dad when i was 8 he kept everything in a large tool box and c-clamped the press to our kitchen table. The c-clamps were aluminium and had "RCBS" cast into the side.
You could mount your press to a piece of 1x oak and c-clamp it

I'm thinking about making a folding wooden table that I can clamp a press to and the just fold up when done. Thanks for all the ides guys.

All kinds of folding work tables out there. I have a small like one of these and it looks like it would work. I just ordered several items from In-Line Fabrication to set up my new bench. One of the dedicated ones would help and you wouldn't have to move the press to the edge of the table.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.